Portrait Vs Laser Treatment for Sagging Neck?

Which treatment would be better for sagging skin on the neck, several lines that appear under the eyes when I smile, and folds of skin when I turn my head to the side? Portrait or Laser?

Sagging necks and treatment with plasma vs. Fraxel vs. ThermiTight

+1
There are so many devices that might be able to tighten skin however, tightening neck skin with Plamsa or Fraxel CO2 laser resurfacing  involves slightly more risk as the skin of the neck does not have as many oil glands as the skin of the face. The epithelium of the oil glands is thought to help sprout new epidermis during the healing of resurfaced wounds.  
I have been able to lessen the energy during Portrait Plasma (now by Energist) resurfacing and tighten necks to some degree. Gentle Fraxel CO2 still has to be respected for the down time and possible risk on the neck.  External radiofrequency ( RF ), such as ThermiSmooth, Pelleve and Thermage may help induce enough collagen production to produce some tightening.
Internal ThermiRF done by ThermiTight, can tighten the skin by using warmer temperatures deep to the skin's surface.

Treatment options for lax skin

+1

Many of the light based therapies, ranging from Thermage to the Photofacials, Portrait and Lasers (most recently the fractional CO2 units) purport to improve the features of facial aging. Some of the objectionable skin changes include uneven pigmentation, sun spots, fine wrinkles, dull color, loss of elasticity and sagging. There are other features which involve loss of facial fat, descent of facial fat, loss of bone stock, which are not well addressed by light based therapies. I have experience with Portrait, which is not a laser and Carbon Dioxide laser resurfacing.

Both Portrait and CO2 laser yield good results with sun spots, texture, fine wrinkles and promote neocollagenesis ( remodeling of your own collagen). These modalities can be used "off face", for the neck, decolletage, hands, etc.with good utility. However their efficacy for "shrinking" skin which folds upon squinting or ranging your neck is inconsistent and most physicians will not encourage that expectation. Despite the proliferation of new technological advances in light based therapies, currently the only predictable technique for improving such skin excess is surgical excision.

Lavinia Chong, MD