I have saggy skin and bad stretch marks below the belly button. What procedure would you recommend? (photos)

I had a baby 11 months ago. I'm 5' 2'', 120lbs, run almost every day, do abdominal exercises, eat pretty healthy, and I'm 20, but my skin is still saggy in some parts-- especially when I bend over or where pants, the loose skin hangs over. My biggest concern though, is my stretch marks. The ones that really bother me are below my belly button.

Solutions for extra skin in the lower abdomen

+2
Your photos suggest your problems could be really dramatically improved with a standard tummy tuck.  There is great value, in your case, in having this discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon that you like and trust.  You are young and an abdominoplasty, though likely to address your concerns, may not be in your best interest if you intend to have more children going forth.  The tummy tuck is not likely to do any harm to future pregnancies but future pregnancies are likely to do harm to your result.  Because revision abdominoplasty is usually a bit more challenging than the initial surgery, it is usually advised that you finish having children before you have your tummy tuck. 
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Belly Skin

+1
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), is a procedure that removes excess, loose belly skin and tightens the abdominal wall.  It is recommended when there are no plans for having more children.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I have saggy skin and bad stretch marks below the belly button. What procedure would you recommend?

+1
A tummy tuck will address the loose skin and stretch marks below the belly button.  It will not remove the upper stretch marks but they will be less noticeable.  Since you are only 20, keep in mind that any additional pregnancy can have an effect on your post-surgical result so I would suggest waiting until after you are done having children before moving forward with surgery. Seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.

Frank Lista, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
Your story and photos suggest you would benefit from a tummy tuck.  It is the only way to remove the stretch arks and loose skin.  Since you are 20 you might want to wait until you are sure you are done having children.  Good luck

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

+1
   A tummy tuck would probably be a reasonable surgical alternative if you have finished having children.

Stretch marks

+1
We can remove the lower stretch marks with a Tummy tuck but the upper ones are difficult to get rid of. You should get a consultation with a board certified surgeon and dicuss the options of stretch removal. 

Yily De Los Santos, MD

I have saggy skin and bad stretch marks below the belly button.

+1
Thanks for the question and the good photos. Unfortunately there are no nonsurgical procedures proven to remove the stretch marks no matter what you might hear from some "salons". It takes a full Tunmmy Tuck to take away the bad skin of the lower abdomen and pull the better upper abdominal skin down. But at only 20 you may have plans for more babies, and if so it might be good to postpone any surgery until after your family is complete so you don't have to repeat the surgery later.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1
The lower stretch marks will be removed with a tummy tuck and the upper ones brought to a lower position where they will be less obvious. While there are many nonsurgical procedures that are claimed to get rid of stretch marks, most ethical knowledgeable plastic surgeons will tell you that they have limited if any benefit, are unreliable, and not a satisfactory option in your particular situation.

If you are planning to have additional children, it is best to delay having a tummy tuck until you are finished with your pregnancies.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for skin laxity after pregnancy

+1
Exercise works for weight loss but you can't "spot reduce" or tone skin. If there was a muscle separation (called a diastasis) then that cannot be corrected with exercise either. That is why we do tummy tucks instead of sending patients to the gym. From your description and the photos, a full tummy tuck is likely to be your best option. See a board certified plastic surgeon, preferably an ASAPS member with a focus on aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  A full tummy tuck will
allow the removal of most if not all of the stretch marks below your belly button.  Through liposuction of your sides and abdominal wall tightening (muscle repair) your waist will
also be narrowed and your profile will be thinner and straight.

I recommend a fee consultations with well trained board certified plastic surgeons.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD