Small A Cup Breasts. Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery? (photo)

Hello! I got implants when I was 22 and had them removed 2 years later. The implants stretched my skin and left my breasts looking deflated. I am mostly concerned about the deep sloping and extra skin. I'm 27 and feel really aged by my sad breasts. Am I a good candidate for breast lift surgery? I don't want implants. I don't like how they feel and prefer small breasts on my frame. Can my breasts be significantly improved with a lift? If so, what kind? I'd be so grateful for advice! Thanks! :)

Breast lift

+1

A standard breast lift will tighten the skin and give you your shape back. I am not a fan of any lift that just removes around the nipple, because it can flatten the breast and leave worse scars.

Good luck.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for size A

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reposition your breasts higher on the chest wall to increase upper pole fullness, move them more medial to increase cleavage and reshape your breast tissue to increase projection.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique since you do not want implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift

+1

Hello middleofteroad,

Your breasts are in good position except that they are deflated.  A lift would not help.  No matter how tight the lift is performed you will not be able to achieve any upper pole fullness.  You will just be left with unnecessary scarring.

I suspect that you previously had saline implants.  If that was , in fact, the case, I am not surpised that you didn't like their feel.  Although fat  transfer is, generally, an option, it is not in your case because you are extremely thin and, it appears, you have none to donate.  You should consider small silicone implants.  They feel very soft and almost natural.  Try to find women with silicone implants to assess the feel.  I believe that is your only option.  Technically, to achieve very soft breast, your PS needs to be aggressive in releasing the muscle.  Otherwise the implants remain in a tight pocket and may feel a bit firm.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Deflated Breasts

+1

I do not think you need a breast lift.  Yes you may have deflation of your breasts but an implant would give you the volume that you desire.  Fat grafting is also a consideration to improve your breast volume.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift?

+1

Based on your picture, I would think that you would be a great candidate for breast implants to fill out the loose skin of your breasts.  The shape of your breasts looks fine.  Since you don't want implants, my next suggestion might be a peri-areolar (aka, donut or Benelli) breast lift procedure to try and tighten this loose skin.  The end result would leave you with a scar around the periphery of your areola but it might give you the look you are looking for.  An augmentation using fat might be an option as well but you don't look like you have much fat to donate for that.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Lift for Small Breasts

+1

Breast lift can be performed in saggy breasts with little breast tissue.  However, deflated breasts will not benefit from a lift.  The less deflated look may be created with a small implant or conservative fat grafting.  

Fat vs. implant

+1

Thanks for your question and the photos. I agree with the other posts that a lift is not necessary. Your deflation and diminished skin elasticity would need volume to improve your shape. Although fat can be used, looking at your pictures you don't seem to have much. I'm not sure that it would be a good option. I know you have had implants in the past and had them removed. I would visit with someone and see what the smallest size they would recommend. I personally think a small gel implant would be your best bet. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast Lift Without Implants

+1

Thanks for your question.

From your pictures, it appears that the nipple aereola complex is in good position and a breas lift is not needed.  I would not recommend a breast lift but volume with fat grafting.  It may feel more natural than the implants that you had removed. 

Brian Joseph MD FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Breastlift without implants

+1

Great question. The nipple postion in relation to your breast mound is very good. However, your skin envelope is deflated and this is best treated with adding volume. Fat can be a nice alternative to accomplish this if implants are not an option. It can give you that pole fullness and cleavage to help you look better in clothes and feel better.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Unhappy Breast Appearance

+1

Hello Jcakes,

A breast lift will not be a good solution.  Your dissatisfaction with the appearance of your breasts will probably be remedied with fat transfer.  This will provide additional volume, but not leave you feeling too big; and they will certainly feel normal. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS