What Type of Lift Do I Need? (photo)

I am scheduled for a BA on June 21, 339cc silicone under muscle, and very likely a lift. I am leaving it up to my surgeon to decide if/what sort of lift I need once he's in there and can see how the implant affects my breast shape and position. He believes that need an anchor lift to get the shape that I want. I don't understand why a lollipop lift wouldn't be sufficient? I am leaving it to him as I do trust him, but I don't feel that my breasts are so saggy that I need a full anchor. Opinions?

A shorter scar lift wil work

+1

Thank you for your photos.  I believe that an augmentation and lift is needed but a shorter scar lift will work.  You might only need a periareola lift.

Dr. ES

What type of breast lift do I need?

+1

Congrats on your decision to have a breast augmentation! From your photo and depending on what you hope to achieve, it looks like you would benefit from a breast augmentation with or without a lift.  A physical exam would be helpful but it appears that a donut or a vertical/lollipop lift would be the best option as far as lifts go.  Have you considered just doing the breast augmentation first and then doing the lift later, should you decide you need one?  That is also an option! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a breast implant lift

+1

It appears as though you'll need a lift around the areola or a lollipop lift depending upon the size of the implants that you want.  The bigger the implant, the less of a lift you'll need.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

What Type of Lift Do I Need? (photo)

+1

thanks for you  question, I think the implant volume proposed  may correct the problem of  your breasts, in the picture shown  is evident most of all a great hypoplasia.  if woul be  necessary to remove some skin  excess or ptosis that could remain after the implant placement this could be done at periareolar level with excellent results.   For this particular case  I would  prefer to use very high  profile implants of cohesive gel. Best luck

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

What kind of lift?

+1

I would be surprised if your surgeon could truly do an anchor lift after placing an implant in your.  And a periareolar lift would likely be adequate and if you're not sure, save your money on the lift and  just have the augmentation.  Then you can decide if you really needed a lift if at all.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant and lift?

+1

An implant can add volume to your deflated breasts. You may not need anything more than a circumareola lift, but an exam in person would be helpful.

Dual plane + Binelli may suffice

+1

It is impossible to know what the best option is without the benifits of an examination including multiple measurements from your breast, height, weight, chest diameter etc.  It is best that you have left this decision to you PS.  It is a little unusual that together you have not committed to a final treatment plan.  Most PS make the decisions before the surgery.  It is extremely rare to have to change a treatment plan intraoperatively in these cases.

Looking at the one photo - which is not enough to give an accurate opinion - i would recommend a dual plane BAM and a Binelli mastopexy.  If, at the time of the surgery, there was too much lower pole skin laxity - I would consider converting to a vertical incicion (lollypop) mastpexy.  I do not think that this will be necessary.  I would not do a anchor incision.

Hope that is helpful information.  All the best.  Dr. Scott Barr, MD, FRCSC,   barrplasticsurgery.com

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Asymmetry?

+1

Either type of lifting would be my choice. But only in person examinations and being at the operation would I make the final decision. 

What Type of Lift Do I Need?

+1

Dear Ink,

Thank you for the question/photo. 

I agree with you that a lollipop lift will give you an excellent result.  You have a fair amount of asymmetry, but this can be controlled with this type of lift. Below is an example of an augmentation with lollipop lift.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Type Of Lift

+1

Without well documenting photos both frontal and lateral views with measurements and an exam, it is difficult to provide specific recommendations.  I believe a dual plane augmentation with a circumvertical lift will deliver excellent results.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon