Tummy tuck with breasts lift and implant 5 months ago. Have a bump near my belly button?

I had tummy tuck 5 months ago along with breast lift and implant.. At 2 months post up i noticed a little bump close to my belly botton, I went to another plastic surgeon to see what was it( my surgery was done in my country i can't go back to my surgeon) the plastic surgeon told my it was a suture!!! She said that she can remove it through my belly bottom. Should I do it or will it go away by itself? Thank you

+1

The bump could be a suture or fat protruding near the muscle wall repair. It may also represent some fat necrosis. If it is a suture it may eventually erode through the skin an cause an infection , so if will need to be removed. It usually won't go away as the sutures are usually non dissolveable.

William Aiello,MD

Newport Beach, CA

Suture can be removed

+1

Thanks for your question. It is hard to comment without seeing a picture and reading the operative note. If the plastic surgeon you saw feels like it can be removed then that is probably best. It is likely that the suture won't go away on its own at this point. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD