Drooping and Wrinkling 18 Months After Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

Is this normal? I posted this question before but did not post the before pic on here. My eyes looked so good for about a year and now they are way worse. I have seen the suggestions on what to do, but I'm not sure who to go to in Oregon to possibly do filler, Botox, CO2 or brow lift.

Eyelid changes after surgery

+2

I agree with the other doctors here that the photos show you in different animated states so it's difficult to tell if you had a mild droop to your lids immediately after surgery or not.  You ultimately should have a proper eyelid examination by someone who specializes in eyelid plastics to determine if you would benefit from a mild ptosis repair with or without non surgical procedures.  Good luck. 

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler/fat for hollow upper eyelids with loose skin

+1

Your upper eyelids/brows have aged with loosing volume/fat, with deflation. This is similar to when the air out of the balloon goes away.  Putting more volume (either fat or filler) in the upper eyelids and brows will stretch out the loose skin, creating more youthful appearance. Slight skin removal (blepharoplasty) may be needed too. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy/wrinkled lids after surgery

+1

The solution depends on your concern - the "droopy" eyelid or the skin wrinkling.  It's hard to tell whether or not the "droop" was present before your surgery, but the wrinkling is something that can be taken care of, especially this long since surgery.  An in-person consultation and comparison with some older pictures can help determine what solutions are right for you.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS

Ptosis repair and CO2 resurfacing

+1

The two photos you have posted have very different facial animation features. In the first photo right after surgery you are using your forehead muscle to elevate your eyebrow and eyelid.

In the second photo, when you are in a more natural state, you are demonstrating mild eyelid ptosis [droopy eyelid] and periocular skin wrinkling. Its not a great photo to evaluate your brow position. Feel free to browse through the photos in my profile here to see if you are similar to one of those patients.

You need an in person evaluation.

Best of luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid droop

+1

The photos you included are difficult to judge due to your face being relaxed in the later photo and animated in the early post-op photo. I find these secondary issues are often better treated with Botox and topical skin care or peel, as opposed to additional surgery.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Fixing droopy wrinkling upper eyelids.

+1

Fixing droopy wrinkling upper eyelids involves your goals and not the surgeons. These are fixed 2 different ways since there are 2 different problems and the photo now is not good to make a judgement about. See an experienced surgeon for how to deal with these. 

Drooping eyelids after blepharoplasty

+1

People who have droopy eyelids often subconsciously lift their eyebrows to help reduce the feeling of heaviness in their upper eyelids. In the photo right after surgery, it looks like you are still lifting your brows. Over time after surgery, your body may have gotten used to not having so much extra skin, causing a drop in the brow position. Getting Botox injections into the forehead would produce the same effect. Based on your photo it looks like there may additional skin to remove from your eyelids, but you would need an in person examination to know for sure.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

It somewhat depends on what your goals are.

+1

Filler, Botox, CO2 and brow lift are not going to fix the droopy upper eyelid.  I think it would be appropriate to carefully assess the current eyelid position and periocular skin quality.  The after surgery photo shows you maximally lifting your eyebrows suggesting that even after surgery there was latent upper eyelid ptosis.  You very much look like you need revisional ptosis surgery and a very precise anchor blepharoplasty.  I suspect you would also do great to have a simultaneous full face chemical peel.  This will sound harsh but I do not believe that you will find what you need in Oregon.