Cheek Implants Instead of Blepharoplasty?

After tons of research and personally evaluating myself, I came to a conclusion that my under eye bags and hollowness can be corrected by implants. Blepharoplasty alone Woulnt do much with the actual shape and the bone structure. I am looking to see a few doctors in the Portland area to discuss this matter. Any extra information regarding having solid implants would be much appreciated as well.

Lid Cheek Junction

+1

Implants have fallen out of favor in the last few years and has been replaced by fillers such as Fat.  The peri-orbital region around the eye is a complex area of the face.  I often perform fat grafting in conjunction with a lower bleph.  The surgeries complement each other and help rejuvenate the area under the eye.

Cheek implants versus blepharoplasty

+1

Normally, a cheek implant would not have much effect under the eye.  Cheek implants (malar implants) are placed directly on the outer/upper portion of the cheek to give the area more prominence.  Submalar implants are used to help fill in the area of the cheek that is more midline and below the area where the malar implants are placed.  Both of these procedures would normally not affect the under eye area.  There are specific implants for the lower eye area (tear trough implants), and this might be what you have researched.  Pictures or an evaluation of you, in person, would be needed to determine if you are a candidate for any implant.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon