Is no blistering/scanning/peeling after laser tattoo normal?

I just had my first treatment on a tattoo that's primarily shading and black lines. I was expecting to have scabbing and bleeding but after being just red an sensitive for a week, it now pretty much is back to normal. I'm wondering if this is normal and due to the light amount of pigment in the tattoo (black by the way) or if the treatment wasn't strong enough?

Laser Tattoo Removal Appearance

+1

Thank you for the question. During the treatment a frost should appear and then go away after about an hour. Skin cracking and bleeding is a sign that the first treatment was too aggressive.

The best way to remove a tattoo with minimal chance of scarring is to have Laser tattoo removal. Q switched Nd:YAG lasers, such as the RevLite Laser, are excellent for removing tattoos. The Picosure Laser is also very good.

Multiple treatments are usually necessary and depend on several variables:

·Your skin type

·Location of tattoo

·Amount of ink

·Color(s) of ink

·Layering of ink

·Presence or absence of scar from the tattoo

Seeing a board certified physician experienced in laser tattoo removal should be able to give you an estimate of the total number of treatments needed.

Cost of tattoo removal will depend on the size of the tattoo and the total number treatments needed.

To see what is right for you and to get more information, see two or more licensed physicians in your area for a consultation to have all your questions answered and to get the proper estimates.