Bigger Woman for Tummy Work? (photo)

I am 300lbs and 5'11" I have always struggled with my weight and have always been a big girl. I hate it, I dont have high blood pressure, my heart is healthy, ive been checked for diabetes many times and my dr say i dont have sighs of it. I've lost 90 lbs in about a year. Ive always considered a tummy tuck and pubic lipo so i could begin to work out to keep myself in better shape and to be healthy for my 2 girls. is there any doctor out there who would consider doing the surgery at my size?

Tummy Tuck for overweight woman

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I have performed tummy tucks with liposuction for multiple women with similar issues.  As long as your expectations are reasonable (it sounds like yours are), I think you might be very happy with your results from a full tummy tuck and liposuction.  You will not have a completely flat stomach, and after continued weight loss, you may find you want to have another surgery, but I think that removing the overhang will make you much more comfortable in the gym. 

Bigger Woman for Body Contouring

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss. Surgeons have different preferences for body contouring based on their experience and expertise. While it is best to have patients closer to their ideal weight for optimal results, patients may not always get to the ideal. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Surgery

+1

If you think you have plateaued as fat as the weight loss right now then proceeding with the surgery is not an unreasonable choice

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck 300lb Woman

+1

First of all, great job with your weight loss!  Try to lose another 100lbs or so prior to having an tummy tuck.  There are higher complication rates with increased BMI so to be safe, you need to get that smaller.  Focus on losing more weight and living a healthy lifestyle and reward yourself with a tummy tuck!! Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Large tummy tuck

+1

Congrats on the weight loss. Surgeons will likely be divided as to whether you are okay to have the surgery now or lose more weight. I would have no problem performing your surgery at this stage of things. You will not get a completely flat abdomen and you should continue to try to lose weight after the tummy tuck. You may need a second procedure if you lose additional weight after the TT, but don't let that discourage you.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

300 pound tummy tuck

+1

If you are otherwise healthy, a tummy tuck would definitely help you feel better about your appearance and help you get around easier and exercise easier.  In so doing you may find it easier to lose weight after the operation.  You do need to be aware however that if you go on to lose a significant amount of weight (greater than 50 pounds) in the future, you will likely need a second tummy tuck.  

You should also be aware that at your weight and height, weight loss surgery is also an option.  If you would consider that, I would have that done first and then perform the tummy tuck when you are at a stable weight.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Bigger woman tummy tuck

+1

A staged procedure may be helpful for the larger, non-optimal patient.  While losing more weight makes the anesthesia risks less, it often is problematic to lose the weight.  Consider liposuction of the abdomen and hip rolls.  At a later date the the redundant skin can be removed when a better weight has been achieved.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Bigger Woman for Tummy Work?

+1

As you cab read the best recommendation is more weight loss. But seek a few in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. Set up a plan with one of them to monitor you over the next 6 months as a team effort. Best of luck. 

Tummy Tuck for 5'11'' 300 lbs

+1

There are many patients in which a panniculectomy can be performed to remove the redundant tissue or pannus.  This will allow easier movement and exercise.  However, a tummy tuck requires more extensive dissection and plication would probably not be advised due to compression of pelvic inflow and risk of blood clots in your legs.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Larger woman and possibly a tummy tuck?

+1

This  is a good question, and it was tough for me to answer.  I really had to think about it.

Here is what I came up with.  Your BMI is 41. 8.  You are Obese Class 3.  Your weight range should be 133-180 lbs.

I can't congratulate you enough on your terrific accomplishment of 90 pound weight loss.  However, you are still in a very unhealthy zone, so you must keep up the good work.  If you plateau and you can't get past it, consider bariatric surgery.

When you get close to a reasonable target weight (something that you can attain, and maintain over the long term), and you are healthy, and your weight is stable, then it is time for tt.

On the other hand, one thing I would consider now would be a panniculectomy.  This operation involves removing excess skin and fat, and could involve sculpting the mons area.  It does not involve tightening the muscles.  The best part is that later, you can go back and do a tummy tuck if you wish.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD