Is 300cc Saline, Under Muscle Close to a C Cup for a 5'4 115lb Woman Who is Currently 34A Cup?

My surgery date is in about a week. I am 30 yrs old, no children, and am currently a 34A. I am about 5'4 and 3/4 inches, between 113 and 115 pounds. I am a runner. Will 300cc under muscle saline implants give me a C cup look? I am worried I did not go large enough...even to just 325cc. Can you usually ask to go a bit larger on the surgery day or is it set?? Feedback please!

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant Selection Process

+1

If you are unsure about implant size, I would not wait until the morning of surgery to make changes.  I would recommend calling your surgeons office for another preoperative visit/discussion.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant volume

+1

Sometimes it is difficult to change the volume at the time of surgery. Usually when implants  are chosen sizes smaller and larger are available  as well. Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Don't fixate on cc's, dimensional planning far more important

+1

I prefer to advise my patients to focus on their chest dimensions and sizing an implant that will generate nice cleavage and a touch of lateral roundness rather than fixating on cc's. Saline tends to have more projection or stand more proud than a silicone implant. If your breast is pretty and round and you are within 1/2 cup size of your dream size you will be happy. If however you are your dream size, and the implant was not correctly matched to your body and your breast is not as pretty as it could have been you will be unhappy.

Evan Feldman, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

+1

You can go to a different size the day of the surgery, provided that your surgeon does so many breast augmentations that he or she has all of the sizes in the office.  I would say that this is not the norm.  The difference between 300 cc and 325 cc will not make a noticeable difference.  With regard to size, in general, an average size woman will require about 200 cc per cup size.  However, there are so many factors that come into play here, and bra size is by no means a standard of measurement.  Call the plastic surgeon and get sized to determine what you like and try to focus less on an absolute cup size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

If your plastic surgeon does not have a full range of breast implant sizes/profiles available in the operating room, best to call him/her now and let him/her know about your thoughts. It may also be that you would benefit from additional time spent communicating with your plastic surgeon (in person) prior to the surgery date.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

+1

The only worse time than the day of surgery to decide your implant size is wrong is the day after. If you are thinking about changing that day, call now instead. Your surgeon may not have the size you want in inventory on the day of surgery. 

Without photos, I couldn't begin to guess your size change. Cup sizes have no uniform defintions, and I have a number of patients who have bras that fit in three different cup sizes at home. 

Better than picking a cup size is to try on implants and let your surgeon use that info to help choose the best implants for you.

All the best.