Do I Need a Lift This Time when I Exchange Implants? (photo)

I want to go 1or 2 sizes larger when i exchange my saline implants for new ones. Mine are 18yrs old now. i dont think i need a lift but im unsure.Whats your opinion please?

Breast Lift and Implant Exchange

+1

Yes, I believe you will need a lift to better position the breasts on the chest wall.  I would also exchange the implants to new ones.  Overall, your breasts will be perkier and have a more youthful shape.  Please seek out a plastic surgeon who has significant experience in doing secondary breast lifts with implants.  Thanks for the question.

Increase projection with simultaneous lift

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  This will correct the asymmetry and allow placement of silicone gel implants.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  The goal of breast surgery is to achieve beautiful breasts and people often think adding volume is the only technique that increases projection.   

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

A lift is important for you

+1

A lift is going to give you a much nicer result than simply exchanging your implants for newer, larger ones.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

#BreastAugmenation Revision

+1

Yes, you do need a lift with your surgery as well as you have a significant animation deformity. The degree to which this can be improved is limited, but you should see a physician with experience in revision breast surgery as this will be a challenging situation to correct. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Breast implant revision

+1

I agree that a complete revision with lift and possible silicone implants is a good idea. Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who can show you some good before and after pictures of cases similar to yours.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

A surgical revision is in order with this result.

+1

I think you would benefit with a revision of the entire operation. There's too much lateral volume and your scars can certainly be made better.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm