After a Tummy Tuck incision is healed, can it reopen?

I am 3 and half weeks post-op (tummy tuck) and my incision is healed with a few raw spots (smaller than a pencil eraser) Is it safe to say I don't have to worry about it reopening? I seen one person say there's opened after 5 weeks... Also I have tape on my incision do I have to keep it on; does it prevent infection?

Tummy Tuck NOT Yet Completely Healed

+2
Unfortunately, you are not quite out of the woods yet.  Three and a half weeks is certainly pretty good, but wounds can come apart of "dehisce" even at a late stage, so I wouldn't necessarily bank on scar being durable yet.  Of course, with every passing day, you get a little more healed, but I wouldn't go doing any back bends just now - if you know what I mean.  At six weeks I would certainly feel better about it, but in the world of surgery, many strange things are possible - so even then I would take it easy.
Not sure about the tape because I don't use it in my practice.  I would check with your surgeon.
Good Luck!

How strong is my tummy tuck incision 3.5 weeks after surgery

+1
At 2 weeks, your incision has 70% of its final strength. At 6 weeks, it has 90% of its final strength.
Irritation or significant trauma can pull apart a healing would, but the closer to 6 weeks, the harder it is.

The small openings in your incision suggest suture reactions. Have your surgeon check these and ask him about the tape on your incisions. In the post-operative period, your best advice is from your surgeon.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Tummy Tuck

+1
Make an appointment with your plastic surgeon's office right away. They need to hear about any discomfort or unusual healing immediately. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon