Are 600cc Smooth, Round, Under Muscle Breast Implants Too Much?

I am 28 years old, 6 foot ,36 A, avg weight 160. Can get up to 170. I breast feed two kids and hopefully am done. I have curves in my hips and butt. I really want clevage but I don't want them to look to fake. The doctors I visited said I could hold more due to my size. Im afraid of my back hurting. Can anyone tell me what famous people are around my height and 600 cvs. I need a picture in my head. Would 500 be better?

300cc, 400cc, 500cc, 600cc, 700cc , 800cc Implants - "Oh My!" - It's NOT about How much you "Can Handle"

+2

How much "you can handle" is the sort of superficial, short-sighted, macho discussion best held in gyms and military boot camps NOT in Plastic surgeons' offices.

If the goal of a Breast Augmentation could be achieved by the winner of the contest of how big of an implant could be stuffed into each woman's chest, Plastic surgeons would NOT need to train for 7-8 years and this operation could be done equally be any idiot possessing a medical degree as well as by the many who "practice" plastic surgery without the benefit of having or completing a medical education or a plastic surgery residency program. Look at the ads in the back of the throw away supermarket fliers and of ladies magazines and you will know to what I am referring.

A long-lasting, attractive Breast Augmentation depends on taking into consideration EACH woman's breast asymmetry, skin stretchiness, amount of breast tissue available to cover the breast implants and their always present to some degree) ripples, the width and sideways slant of their chest wall, the location of the nipples (distance between nipples, distance between nipple and top of central chest bone (sternum) and the woman's desires and vision of the ideal breast.

A few facts
- The heavier the implant, the faster the sagging and the shorter the period of perkiness
- the larger the implant the higher the likelihood of permanent nipple numbness
- the larger the implant the more the breast skin will be stretched requiring OTHER maintenance breast surgery

SO - Can you "take" 500cc, 600cc, 700cc , 800cc Implants? - Of course you can. 

But, a MUCH better question would be : Based on MY breast volume, symmetry, chest anatomy and nipple locations what breast implant would provide me with the most attractive and long-lasting result?

The surgeons who takes the time to answers THIS question to your satisfaction is the one who is likely to give you the BEST looking breasts.

Dr. P. Aldea

+1

Are 600cc Smooth, Round, Under Muscle Breast Implants Too Much? Pu this in perspective an 12 oz can of coke is 355ml and the average bottle of liquor is  750ml. This is clearly a larger than average implant and what works for your now may not work for you 5 or even 10 years from now. Walk around for a day or two with sizers in your bra and judge for yourself.

Implant choices

+1

Choosing the right implant for you is a lengthy discussion and exam performed by your surgeon. An agreement and rought size range should be discussed with your surgeon.  While you possibly can handle large implants, the heavier they are the more sagging and potential for back pain.

Don't focus on the volume of the implant, but your desired appearance.

+1

Hi there-

After surgery, if your breasts look crazy, but you have the volume implant you thought you wanted, will you be happy? I don't think so....

Your best bet is to focus a lot less on how big the implant will be, and spend more time thinking and communicating to your surgeon the appearance you are hoping to achieve.

your chances of ending up happy over the long term will be much higher.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Sizing breast implants in tall women

+1

I have had several women six feet tall or even taller over the years and there is no difference to sizing their implants and having them fit and look right. The only relative difference is that a woman who is unusually tall can still look proportional with D cup size breasts where a woman who is five feet tall or shorter can look overdone in a full C cup. Talking size of breast implants in the sense of volume is old school. I find that woman understand this when comparing fitting to a dress or a foot to a shoe. The number of the size means nothing if it doesn't fit. You can't make just any size chosen fit and look right. And if you don't know your size you get measured before fitting. 

In breast augmentation there is currently no simple way to measure the overall size of the breast and there is no good way to show what a particular implant volume will look like. There is certainly more tolerance of size and shape in breast implants than fitting a hip prosthesis but the process is similar in that there are measurements to tell what size implant will fit. 

Here is a partial list of things that don't work or are not useful in fitting breast implants from the answers so far. 

-- I never use implants bigger than ______. 

-- You have (or have not) had children

-- A ___ cc implant will make you look fake

-- big implants cause problems later on

-- bring in pictures of what you want to look like or stuff a bra

-- there is a "correct" size for you

Breast implants are properly sized by dimensions and what effect that is going to have rather than choosing the implant arbitrarily or during surgery or choosing the result and working backwards. The patient's height and chest circumference are not going to change. It is only the breast volume from the base of the breast outline forward that fills out. The width of the breast is measured upright with the arms down. The implant diameter that fits will be about 3/4 cm less than that. A round implant will have the same height as width and the lower pole of the breast might have to be adjusted to accommodate this. The patient choice is the forward volume, roughly low, medium, or high which corresponds in most cases to increasing by one, one-and-a-half, or two cup sizes. If, for example, the breast width is 14 cm and you choose a high profile saline implant (Allergan) that is 13.3 cm wide, the volume will be 550-590 cc's. In a gel this would be about 550 cc's. Average breast width in my experience is 13 cm. so a breast width of 14 cm or larger would not be that unusual and an implant could be about 600 cc's and still fit and look good. If your breast width is average, then a 600 cc implant will not fit and look good. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implant size is very individual.

+1

This is a very common question and 600 cc sounds like an awful lot of volume, though you are 6 foot tall and have had children. This is going to make you very large and it is not a matter of will they fit, but will they fit on you and your body and then will the breast implants look natural. I would say back down a bit and base the volume on your chest measurements that your board certified plastic surgeon should have done. Also ask about profiles as well. High profile implants are narrower and more projecting. I would reconsider and make it an individual decision and not look for a 600 cc implant on someone elses frame.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Need to eamine the breast to tell the exact size

+1

The beast way to help you is to examine you in person and evaluate the base width,skin elasticity,nipple position,nipple distance to the inframmary fold and your chest width. Without these parameter it is impossible to discuss the implant size. Please get more than oe consultaion and make make sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. At the end, bigger  implants have more complications...

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I think you will be very unhappy with 600cc implants if indeed you do not want a fake look.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to assist you in selecting an implant which will both fit your breasts as well as provide you with an  acceptable amount of  augmentation.

John Whitt, MD

Huge breast implants very bad idea.

+1

Hi

All I can tell you is that when doing Breast Augmentation in New York City, we never use breast implants larger than 500 cc's.  People tend to forget the long term.  Very large implants look fake, stretch your tissues, and age very badly.  For you, without seeing you, I would probably guess 450 cc's.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

How to determine the right implants for your breast augmentation

+1

To determine the size of implants that will best suit you, bring in some pictures of breasts that you like.  You can also "try on" some implants by placing them inside your bra to get a rough estimate of the size of implants that you like.  Doing both of these things will really help you to determine the right size for you, whether it's 500cc or 600cc.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD