Will My Pores Return to Normal After Fraxel Restore?

My last Fraxel Restore was in early July. I had a series of 4 Fraxel Restores (40-70 mj). The first three showed great results. The fourth, I have hyperpigmentation and my pores are really enlarged. I know the hyperpigmentation will fade but will my pores return to original size? How long will it take? What can I do to resolve this issue? I did not have an issue with pores (or acne) before Fraxel.

Fraxel and pores

+1

Sometimes the pores of the facial skin are cleaned out of their normal dead skin cells and sebum debris by facials and lasers that resurface the skin including the Fraxel Restore laser. Once the pore is emptied of this detritus the opening can appear wider than it did before the resurfacing when in reality the size of the diameter of the pore has been unchanged. Similar to having a facial, after some time the pores become plugged again and look smaller.  Avoid antiaging creams that have gylcoloic acid, Retinols, Retin-A, Differin, etc all which keep pores open. If your condition does not improve and the pores are wider than before the Fraxel Restore, this would be unusual. See your physician to have it evaluated.