Best Treatment for Pores on my Nose

Hi,Im 25 years old when i was younger I use to squeeze out all my black and white heads. Now i have alot of open pores on my nose,they are not huge but noticable,whats the best treatment(laser,peel,etc) to remove my pores,blackheads and whiteheads?

Light Chemical Peels Good For Pore Reduction on Nose

+1
Light Chemical Peels are great. They will minimize those pores over time and leave your skin looking fresh. As for the blackheads and whiteheads, you will need a good medical based product line to get rid of those. The daily use of these products will work wonders on your acne. I like to recommend a medical-grade product line to my patients, like Biophora. It’s simple and inexpensive to use for all skin types and skin concerns.

Decrease appearance of pores on nose

+1
A topical retinol is an effective first line treatment for prominent pores.  Your dermatologist can suggest which product is most appropriate for your skin type.  The topical product can be combined with chemical peels to further decrease the appearance of your pores.   Your skin care provider will help you develop the most effective regimen for your skin type and needs.   

Aurora Badia, DO
Fort Myers Dermatologist

Ablative fractional lasers great for pores on the nose.

+1

Ablative fractional lasers can be wonderful treatments for pores on the nose. In our practice, we use the Sciton ProFractional and the Palomar 2940 erbium fractional ablative lasers. The key is to do more passes than you would usually have done for other areas, such as the cheeks. I like coverage of 50-60 percent overall on the nose for each treatment. Before, between, and longterm after treatments, I usually have patients use a retinoid such as tretinoin or tazarotene. Some patients prefer to do "maintenance" treatments every 12 or 18 months, but usually with 3-4 initial treatments, the results can be very substantial.

Joel L. Cohen, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of pores on the nose with Fraxel

+1

There is no guarantee of improvement of pores on the nose with treatment. There have been attempts of treatment with chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing (Smoothbeam, carbon dioxide, erbium yag) topical therapy with Retin A and alpha hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, tape stripping, etc. Some people get improvement and others can even say that it looks worse after treatment. Pores are physical structures and when filled with dead skin cells and sebum/oil they look less apparent because their holes are filled like spackle does to a  wall's hole after a picture hook is removed. Once the content is removed by aesthetician expression, steaming, or the other treatments discussed above, the pores might be more visible as a hole. Although it does not help everyone, I have found more benefit in pore smoothening with Fraxel Restore laser treatments than any other treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Treatment for nasal pores

+1

Bucky,

Enlarged skin pores are on of the many stigmata of aging.  I would begin with a topical like retin-a .025%.  you can apply this every night, or every other night.  You may initially notice some dry skin, redness, and flaking, but your skin will become accommodated to it.  Over the next 6 weeks, you can move onto a higher dose (.05%).  If you would prefer a more rapid solution, a chemical peel may be an option.  I like TCA peels, but, when a moderate peel is performed, you skin may be red and peel for several days to a week.  A topical solution like retin a will lead to less down-time.

Good luck!!

Jason R. Hess, MD