Pores Joining to Make Lines? (photo)

Hi, what can be done to remedy the lines that are forming on my face. I am pretty sure they are from my larger pores joining together...

Facial lines

+1

Hi Stillloved

You may want to consider Fx or fractional CO2 resurfacing to help with those fine lines and pores. This is a very effective and safe technique with rapid healing. I would couple this with broad spectrum photostable sunscreen and other topicals that help replenish collagen such as retinoids like retin-A and retinol, anti-oxidants and peptides.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

These are wrinkles, but you have large pores too.

+1

From what I can tell in this photo, you do have large pores but the lines are wrinkles which have formed in the natural skin tension lines. This occures with aging from loss of fat, bone, collagen and elastic tissue. Large pores are really more your skin "type" as some people just get larger pores. There are several ways to address these issues. First of all, get on a good skin care regimen, one that helps build collagen. This includes a retinoid (like Renova, Retin A, Tazorac, and many more including over the counter retinols) and products that incorporate growth factors and anti-oxidants. Skin Medica is a great line for this, but is only found in a doctor's office. In addition, you must use sunscreen every day! At least with an SPF 30 and make sure it is broad spectrum (UVA and UVB). There are also many procedures that can help improve the appearance of large pores and wrinkles. Fraxel and CoolTouch are two we commonly recommend in our office. These are both laser procedures which help build collagen to improve the appearance of skin texture. Dermal fillers are another option for the wrinkles, but not for large pores. Fillers like Restylane and Juvederm are injected under the wrinkles for immediate improvement. I would recommend you see a cosmetic dermatologist to help tailor a plan that is right for you.

Tracy Katz, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon