Porcelain Venner for Broken Tooth

I chipped the bottom 1/3 of my tooth. My dentist told me she is putting on a 3/4 crown, which is also called a porcelain veneer. Is a 3/4 crown the same as a veneer? My dentist also told me it will be bonded to dentin, not enamel. What will the long term bonding strenght be from this? Can you bond a veneer to dentin and will it be a strong bond?

Porcelain veneer

+1

A 3/4 crown is simply a term for a veneer that wraps around the side of your tooth.  Porcelain will have its greatest bond strength to enamel, but with todays technology, porcelain will still have very good long term bond strength to dentin.

Omaha Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneer for broken tooth

+1

A Porcelain Veneer is a good choice for the situation described. Veneers often wrap around the tooth to cover 3/4 of the tooth. Performed correctly, bonding to dentin is long lasting.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Bonding dental veneers to dentin is very strong

+1

While enamel will yield a stronger bond, dentin bonding is very strong.  The suggested treatment from your dentist sounds appropriate and should work very well.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneer Bonding to Dentin

+1

Good news! Veneers will bond to dentin, and veneer will last a long time. With present day technology the bond is very strong. Now the bond is definetely stronger to enamel, and if your dentist can incorporate more of the enamel into the design of the preparation your veneer will last even longer.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Ayzin

Costa Mesa Cosmetic Dentist