Porcelain Veneers or Post Core Crown?

I had a root canal done to my front teeth years ago, it is now bonded to resemble the other but it is slightly darker and bulkier as well. My dentist explained that only a small part of the root was filed out and a post core crown would be used to permanently fix the tooth. I have been reading about the porcelain veneers which is said it can be used on root canals and more real looking. I'm not sure what to use as crowns seem to be more old fashioned.

Veneer vs, post and core and crown

+1

The final decision depend on amount of tooth structure left after the root canal treatmen. If root canal tretament was performed conservatively and access hole is small, then you should have enough of sound tooth structure left to restore your tooth with veneer ( since the main complain is collor mismach). If there was a lot of tooth structure removed then it would be beneficial to retore the missing structure of the tooth withe post and core and a crown.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers or Post Core Crown

+1

It sounds like the first thing you need to determine is how healthy the root canal is. If the canal was only partially filled, you should have an endodontist (root canal specialist) check it to see if the root canal should be redone FIRST. Then, the decision on Veneer or Crown should be made by your restorative cosmetic dentist who will base that decision on how much enamel is still left on the tooth to hold a Veneer.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Crown or veneer

+1

If the tooth is darkening, veeers will not cover the darkness.. Also if the tooth has been bonded, chances are there is enough tooth structure replaced with  bonding that veneers defeats the purpose. 

Your tooth if darkening, and if bonded, you cannot get a veneer.....

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist