Porcelain Veneers for Patient with Periodontal Disease?

I'm in my early 20's and considering Porcelain veneers. On the lower right side of my mouth there's three crowded teeth. I want veneers since the process wouldn't take as long as Braces/Invisalign. The only issue is my periodontist told me I had periodontal disease. Would I be a good candidate for veneers?

Treat periodontal disease before placing porcelain veneers

+2

You want your mouth to be healthy before you have your veneers placed. Treat the periodontal disease first...then move forward with the aesthetic treatment. This will help your result to look good, feel good, and last a long time.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Control periodontal disease before placing porcelain veneers

+2

Simply HAVING periodontal disease does not mean you cannot have veneers, but the disease should be treated and under control before placing them. Once the tissues are treated, the edges of the veneers can be placed in such a way as to become invisible, and any spaces that may appear can be compensated for.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Treat periodontal disease before any dental work

+2

Periodontal disease should be treated and under control prior to any dental crowns, veneers etc. If you have crowding in an area that may be contributing to problems in that are since it is harder for you to clean and easier for bacteria to accumulate.

You may be better of trying to orthodontically move these teeth into proper position after you consult with a periodontist.

Jennifer Jablow, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Fix the gum disease first before cosmetic dentistry

+1

The gum disease can be treated in one to two appointments fairly easily,then you could do the veneers as soon as your pockets shrink. The dentist will tell you when this occurs. Dont let a dentist do the veneers first then treat the disease after.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Treat Periodontal disease first before getting porcelain veneers

+1

The periodontal disease must be treated first. Once completed you can consider the restorative phase of treatment. Since you have a periodontist, discuss this all with that professional and get his or her opinion.

Joseph W. Worthington, DDS
Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist