How Can Porcelain Veneers Correct my Smile? (photo)

Hi there, Please take a look & tell me your opinion? Can i can correct my smile using Porcelain Veneers? If so what needs to be done? or is it better to get braces? Thanks a lot.

Porcelain Veneers Can Correct Your Smile

+2

8-10 Porcelain Veneers, along with a gingivoplasty (gum procedure) on your lateral tooth to bring the gum level symmetrical with your other teeth, will make a vast improvement in your smile. Make sure you visit a well-qualified and experienced cosmetic dentist. Ask to see photos of his prior work.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

+2

Veneers can correct many problems in smiles: from small gaps or uneven edges to major things like big gaps and crooked teeth.

With any cosmetic improvement, the options depend upon what changes you want. It ranges from "better" to "perfect".

In your case you will need 8 veneers to have a chance at changing your smile and not having something show that doesn't match One mistake I see done in cosmetic dentistry, is not doing enough veneers to blend in all of the issues.

In your case, you have a number of complicating factors-some of the teeth are different colors. It will take a highly training cosmetic dentist AND a skilled ceramist to hide those color variations.

In your case, you may want to consider having some Computer Smile Simulation done so that you can see what the change may look like before you start. 

I think the results can be AMAZING!

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Braces or Veneers

+1

Yes you can correct your smile with porcelain veneers. You would need 8 veneers to get a good result. Minimum would be 4. Do not do 6 under any circumstances as it will look fake. If you like the color and shape of your teeth and just don't like their position or alignment then you may consider Invisalign or Braces. The advantage to this treatment is that it is not invasive. Remember that veneers don't last forever and will have to be redone at some point in the future at additional costs.

Sylvan Fain, DDS
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Can Porcelain Veneers Correct Your Smile

+1

Hi Gustavo, your first step would be to schedule a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist.  They would need to check your bite to see if you would be a candidate for porcelain veneers.  They should show you many examples of before-and-after photos so you can have an idea of what your results can look like.  If they do not think you would be a candidate for veneers right away, they may recommend braces to shift your teeth into the ideal placement so your veneers will look and fit the best for you.  Sometimes, treatment called instant orthodontics can be done to get your teeth into the proper alignment by using veneers and crowns and bypass traditional ortho.  The dentist may also need to do a diagnostic wax up to check your bite as well and provide you with different options on what will look best and give you the most aesthetic result.   

Charles Nottingham, DDS, FAGD
Fort Lauderdale Cosmetic Dentist

Are you a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?

+1

I would recommend you see a qualified cosmetic oriented dentist to sit and talk with you about your smile.  The number one choice to correct misaligned  teeth are with braces.  If you don't want braces,  you can have a diagnostic wax-up done to see what your smile would look like if you did veneers.  I caution you to think very carefully about veneers if you have healthy teeth that are just crooked.  Must success-Do your research for your smile for the most optimal result!

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Veneer versus Orthodontic treatment. Considering all of the options.

+1

I always start my cosmetic consultations by taking a thorough medical and dental history, any needed x-rays as well as photos and diagnostic models.  The next step is to sit with the patient and really listen to what it is that the patient wants to accomplish.  Do they love their teeth (shape, size and color) and just wish that they were straight?  Does the patient feel as though they show too much gum tissue when they smile?  Do they dislike the shape, size and/or color of their teeth?  Are the teeth healthy and in good condition?  If the patient loves their teeth and just wants them straightened, a consultation with an orthodontist is usually recommended.  This will allow the patient to consider all options for treatment (orthodontic as well as cosmetic).  Once the orthodontic consultation is complete, we can then discuss costs, time frames as well as pros and cons of orthodontic versus cosmetic treatment.  If the patient has time constraints, orthodontic treatment may not be viable.  If the patient is not happy with the shape size or color of their teeth we can then discuss a “smile makeover”.   With respect to the case shown, a cosmetic gingivectomy followed by 8-10 veneers and a night guard would be suggested.  Prior to this treatment I would also recommend ZOOM whitening to help brighten the color of the teeth.

Benjamin S. Fiss, DDS
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

A combination of braces and veneers will give you the best result

+1

You could do veneers only (without braces). It will require 8-10 veneers and because some teeth are "out" and some are "in", it will require some teeth to be filed more agressively. Also, the gums are not even, so you would have to have gum recontouring surgery.

However, if you do braces with a very good orthodontist, then you will likely only need 4 veneers (and maybe teeth whitening)because braces can correct the gum levels as well as missaligned teeth. 

This means that really only the 4 front teeth will require esthetic improvement and most importantly there will be very little grinding on the teeth because they will be in a better possition.

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain veneers to improve the smile

+1

The porcelain veneers based on the diagnostic wax-up can significantly improve your smile. The best help can be received from an experienced cosmetic dentist or a specialist. 

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Can veneers correct my smile?

+1

The short answer is yes, in most cases I believe you are better off with braces rather than artificial veneers on your teeth, however if you don't like the size shape and color of your teeth veneers maybe a better option. I most cases veneers will be between 1000.00 and 2000.00 per tooth and take 1-3 visits. I suggest doing a cosmetic work up with a computer mock up or diagnostic wax up so you know what your smile will look like before your treatment is started good luck Kevin Coughin DMD, MBA, MAGD CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

A smile make over

+1

Veneers can help in a variety of ways, color, shape, strength. in you case , should you not have any issues with your bite, 8-10 veneers will give you dramatic effect.

can you just do six? yes. will you get better results with 10? absolutely. I cannot tell you how many cases of REDO's I get , simply because the patient only chose to do 2-6 veneers and they have to do all those over to get the result thy e had in mind. So in case o f veneers , if you try to save money, you'll end up paying twice. So choose a qualifies cosmetic dentist who knows about occlusion and bite issues as well.

Good luck. 

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist