Do I Have a Popped Stitch at 4 Weeks?

I was laying in bed after sleep and was involuntarily tightening my muscles like a stretch in the morning and felt a pop in the center of my stomach about 1 inch above my belly button. It is hard to tell if there is any change as there is a hard spot there. Is it possible to have popped something this late in recovery? And if so would it matter greatly.? Thanks for any input!

“Popped” Stitch after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Yes, it is possible to “pop” a stitch four weeks after tummy tuck surgery. Whether it will “matter greatly”,  if this has occurred, will depend on the technique used to perform the muscle plication. Most surgeons use numerous sutures  and  possibly 2 layers to reapproximate the rectus muscles.   if this was the case for you,  then breaking a single stitch will likely be inconsequential.

I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon,  who after direct examination,  will be in a better position to address your concerns (and hopefully provide reassurance).