Popped Pimple Near Botox Injection Site?

About half an hour after receiving Botox injections on my "11s" (24 units), I absentmindedly popped a pimple on my forehead. It was above my injection site and a bit off to the side of my forehead, and I didn't apply great pressure. I didn't press INTO my forehead so much as squeezed the skin around the pimple. Should I be concerned?

Botox Injection Site

+1

Although I recommend not manipulating botox injection sites, popping your pimple is unlikely to effect your results. The botox is injected deeper into the muscles to weaken them, smoothing wrinkles. But next time try not to manipulate the area right after injections.

Not to Worry

+1

The area where Botox is injected is not the same area that would be affected by squeezing a pimple. You have nothing to worry about! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Pimple near Botox injection

+1

I would not lose any sleep for having popped a superficial pimple near where Botox was injected more deeply.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injection site

+1

You most likely did not do any harm, I recommend avoiding touching any injection sites be it Botox or fillers , it is best to prevent carrying any bacteria to prevent infection and compromising results .

G.Hotchandani M D

Greenbay ,Wisconsin 

Gope Hotchandani, MD
Green Bay General Surgeon

Popped pimple near Botox injection site

+1

From what it sounds like, you did not do anything to compromise the result of your Botox treatment. The pimple was in a different area from your injection site and you put light pressure on it, so any harm caused was negligible. In the future, be careful not to put pressure near an area you were injected. In general, following Botox treatment you will want to avoid:

1) Strenuous activity the first day
2) Massaging the area where the injections took place or applying any type of pressure

Enjoy the result of your Botox treatment, and I wish you the best of luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and pimples

+1

I wouldn't be too concerned over popping a pimple after your treatment. The injections if done properly, are into the muscles that contribute to the "11's," and won't negatively impact your Botox treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Pimples and BOTOX; Botox should actually help pimples/acne

+1

Popping a pimple near an injection of Botox should probably not affect your outcome.  We recommend after Botox:  no hot tubs, no saunas, no hats, no rubbing, and don't put your head in a massage ring for about 3-4 hours.  When the Botox kicks in, it will actually help future breaksouts by decreasing the secretions of the sebaceous glands.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Popping Pimples Near Injection Sites

+1

Hi! I would not be overly concerned about popping acne pimples around Botox sites. I do not believe that it will have any adverse outcomes on the Botox itself. However, I do recommend that you not manipulate any acne lesions yourself as it can lead to discoloration and scarring. Have a professional remove these lesions. 

Diane Walder, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Pimple near Botox injection site

+1

I won't chastise you too much for popping a pimple, but just know that it's not a good idea because you can make divets in your skin over time, and frankly transfer bacteria around (gross!). Assuming you didn't press hard, your Botox outcome should be just fine. But if you're paying money for procedures like this, don't pick and pop your pimples, or you're going to need other treatments and things in the future. Be kind to your skin!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Pimple popped near Botox injection site

+1

I would not be concerned at all about popping a pimple near your Botox injection site.  It should have no effect on the final outcome of your treatment.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon