Can I Pop a Pimple After Fraxel Treatment?

is it ok to pop a pimple or a white head after a recent fraxel treatment?

Pimples after Fraxel

+1

I would not recommend popping a pimple after a fraxel laser treatment.  If your goal is to resurface your skin due to acne scars you will want to avoid causing more damage.  Allow your skin to heal naturally.  Acne breakouts are fairly common after a Fraxel treatment.  If you are concerned that your acne is not clearing, please follow up with your physician.

Altamonte Springs Facial Plastic Surgeon

White Head Breakout Following Fraxel Laser

+1

Hi SC,

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose or white heads after Fraxel laser treatment unless you wish to risk further scarring.  Washing your face with benzoyl peroxide if you have white heads will help them disappear within a day or so.  If the SC is for Southern Cal, the question sounds like somethng some of my Trojan friends would typically ask.  Go Bruins!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

How to treat pimples after Fraxel

+1

Some people may get an acne breakout after a Fraxel treatment.  If that happens, you should contact your doctor.   Your doctor can tell you whether this is indeed acne or if it is a herpes virus (the cold sore virus) outbreak which can sometimes happen after any laser treatment to the face.  Your doctor can then give you the appropriate treatment.  You should definitely not try to pop the spot.  When you pick or pop a pimple you can damage or irritate the skin and introduce bacteria which could cause an infection. 

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel treatment and pimples

+1

It would be better to see your doctor rather than you popping a pimple after Fraxel in case the skin is sensitive and to make sure that's all it is. Infection is extremely rare after Fraxel restore but especially after Fraxel repair you shouldn't take a chance in case it is a folliculitis (infection of a pore) or a cold sore virus blister that has developed whitish-colored fluid within it.