Pooch At Age 31. What Procedure Do You Recommend?

I am 31 years old and I have a pooch. I have been having aooch since I was in high school I was on birth control and gained weight along with weight gain I acquired a pooch. I have been working out for five years like two times a day but pooch still does not go down. Which procedure do you recommend I get?

What Procedure Do You Recommend

+2

Without a photo it is not easy to provide a useful response. The fullness may be caused by some combination of:

• Excess fat
  • Laxity of the abdominal muscles
  • Excess or laxity of the skin

Liposuction is a modality to treat excess fat, and if the amount of skin excess is minimal, you might get some improvement there too. If the abdominal wall is lax or if there is excess skin, a tummy tuck would be a better choice.

Best bet--get an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon near you. Thanks and best wishes.

Abdominal 'Pooch"

+2

Typically the three things that can cause this are excess fat, loose skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall - particularly the fascia that binds the abdominal muscle together. The first advice would be to get to a reasonable and sustainable weight, tone the muscles with exercise and see what improvement you have. If you've tried that and had limited success then liposuction, skin removal and fascial tightening might improve your situation significantly. An exam with a board certified plastic surgeon will provide you with the best course of action to give you the results you are looking for. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Hello

+2

Without actually seeing you and examining you it’s hard to give you adequate advice. Everyone always has an area on their body where the fat goes those are called fat deposits. Liposuction can help Vaser/ Smart, or even a tummy tuck if you have excess skin and if you have had kids and you possibly have muscle damage. You need to go in for a consultation to get what procedure would give you the results you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS