Pondering over 310cc HP Inspira Gels OR 370cc? (photo)

Hi Doctors! I am 5'5 120lbs with a petite frame. I have had three children in 2.5 years and it has really taken a toll on my poor breasts. I am now a deflated B-cup maybe even an A cup. I want to achieve a nice full and natural look...I loved the way my breasts looked when I was pregnant! However, I am also an avid runner and so I don't want to go too big as to hinder my performance. Can you offer me any advice on whether I should go 310cc or 370cc? Thanks!!!

Pondering over 310cc HP Inspira Gels OR 370cc?

+1

Even with the posted photos very hard to advise with out an in person examination. From your history I would most likely chose the 310's 

Smaller is better than bigger when very physically active

+1

We cannot tell exactly the 'right' implant for you, however if running is very important a smaller implant might work out better than a fuller one. If the look when you were pregnant is what you are after, bring a photo, bra, or examples to your surgeon so he can choose the 'number' and give you the result you want.

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Additional pictures (especially side view) may be helpful,  given that based on your frontal view you do appear to have some breast asymmetry and ptosis (sagging).  This raises the question whether some degree of breast lifting may be beneficial to you.

In regards to choosing the best breast implant size/profile/type for your body type and goals, I suggest you do the following:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast implant size

+1

From the desciption of your activities and the picture I would say pick the smallest implant that will make you happy. Bigger is not better and the heavier and larger inplant may overload your frame. Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

It is difficult to recommend a specific implant without an in-office evaluation. The implant choice is based upon your desires and your anatomy.