Will IPL help my chest for wrinkles and sun damage? (photos)

I want to know if IPL would help my chest area? If not what laser treatment would be best to help. I am getting wrinkles and sun damage.

Chest Treatments

+1
IPL can help with sun damage but this technology is very superficial. I like to recommend Fraxel Restore for sun damage and wrinkles on the chest.

The Fraxel Restore will resurface your skin improving the tone and texture while also stimulating new collagen production to help with the wrinkling. Many patients see an improvement after one treatment but a series of 3-5 done once a month would provide best results.

It’s also important to use an anti-oxidant and an SPF 50 every morning to help prevent future sun damage.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is best for your concerns.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL for an Aging Chest

+1
IPL can be used to help treat an aging chest if performed safely and effectively. Fractional lasers also help with an aging chest as does Ultherapy. Consult with your dermatologist to determine the most ideal treatment method. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologist

What to do for chest wrinkles and scars?

+1
IPL works very well for sun damage on the face, neck, chest and hands.  However, the primary role of IPL is improving brown spots and blood vessels.  If your main goal is to improve wrinkle and scar then a different tool would be necessary.  A new laser system has just entered the market after 25 years under development.  The laser, Picosure, was released for the treatment of tattoos but with a special hand piece skin rejuvenation can be accomplished.  The technique is termed Focus and can be used for many body areas and skin color types not previously helped by existing technology.

Pamela Carr, MD
Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL for the chest

+1
BBL/IPL is a great laser treatment to address sun damage and pigmentation. It can help with wrinkles, but if wrinkles are your main concern a stronger laser such as the micro laser peel or the CO2 laser may be better. The chest is a difficult area to treat but if BBL/IPL is administered by a trained professional under a doctor's supervision it can have great results. One treatment will not be enough. Most people need at least 4 treatments, 3-4 weeks apart to get the results they desire. I suggest going for a consult to a medical facility and purchasing a package series to treat the face and chest. Sometimes if one area is treated, the adjacent area becomes more noticeable.  Make sure you have a sunscreen with zinc as the 1st or 2nd ingredient. Zinc provides the best protection available on the market. Good luck!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

IPL to chest area

+1
IPL is a great treatment when done correctly and by trained professionals. The machine matters, the settings matter tremendously. So pick a very experienced office, with a physician directly involved in your care. And make sure you are using a good sunscreen every single day!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Will IPL help my chest for wrinkles and sun damage?

+1
Try one session to see if worth your time and $s. My guess is no but in some cases there is a mild improvement.