I want to know if it a good idea to get filler under cheek bones?

I want to get a filler under my cheek bones and I want to know if its a good idea and what filler is best? I have been thinking about getting sculptra.

Filler for cheeks

+1
It is very common for patients to want filler for the cheeks to help add volume since that area losses it over time. There are a couple different fillers that have been approved for that area, but a consultation with an advanced injector is recommended to discuss what type of filler would be best. It all depends on the patient’s anatomy, but Radiesse and Voluma are the longest lasting fillers for the cheeks. 

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler in Cheeks

+1
My favorite filler to be placed in the cheek area is Voluma. It is a long lasting filler with beautiful results. 

David Goldberg, MD

Fillers for cheekbones

+1
I love Sculptra both for how natural the appearance is and for its longevity. It generally takes two or three visits to augment the mid cheeks. The results are impressive lasting up to two years. For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Sculptra.

Michele S. Green, MD

If you need cheekbone volume then yes

+1
If you need volume in your cheekbone area then it is a great idea. I also prefer Voluma for this area. It is instant and works great. For the actual cheek hollows, I still prefer to use Sculptra. Hope this helped. 

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Cheek Fillers?

+1
You mean on top of the cheek bone not "under". I prefer/recommend Juvederm's VOLUMA as the best available out there. Usually 2 to 4 syringes are needed. Call any certified Voluma expert... 

Filler in the Cheek

+1
There are many options for recontouring your cheek area, my typical fillers in this area are Voluma or Radiesse for immediate results and Sculptra for long-term improvements.  It is best to see an experienced injector for treatment in this area.  Seek a formal consultation with someone who has expertise in using fillers for facial recontouring and shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler for the cheek area

+1
Fortunately we have several choices for improving the contour of the cheeks.  The options include Radiesse, Juvederm Voluma, Sculptra and Perlane.  When performed in moderation, patients are happy with the gradual change and restoration of the volume that they had in youth.  Sculptra is nice because the change is gradual over a period of 12 to 18 weeks.  However, if you are unsure of the idea of extra volume in your cheeks you may want to choose a hyaluronic acid filler, like Voluma or Perlane, which could be reversed if needed.  

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to cheeks

+1
I will not recommend a product like Sculptra for a first-time filler patient. If you hate it, there is no way to remove it and nothing can be done. I recommend starting with a filler like Voluma or Restylane, which can be removed with a dissolving agent if you simply hate them. Sculptra is not, in my opinion, a filler that should be used on first-time filler patients. It's also not very soft, and so it can look very flat in the cheek region.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Fillers in the cheek area

+1
As we ago, we loose volume or fullness in the mid face area.  Fillers in the cheek area can offer great benefit and improvement.  Fillers commonly used in this are Perlane, Sculptra and Radiesse.  Out of the three I prefer Perlane.

Michele Burgess, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologist

+1
Without photos, it is hard to give you exact advice, but I do use fillers to shape cheeks everyday!  I do place filler under the cheek to make the female cheek more feminine (and male cheek masculine).  I use Perlane most often. Sculptra can be used, but I don't believe it shapes or sculpts as well as HAs.