Would Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) with Insulin Resistance Keep a Person from Getting a Breast Reduction/lift?

Based on a previous question that I asked here, I know that I'd be a good candidate for a breast reduction/lift. In the question that I had asked, I mentioned that I was less than 20 lbs overweight but working to lose the weight. I didn't mention my general health. I don't smoke or drink. I was wondering if having PCOS with insulin resistance would keep a person from getting a reduction/lift? I take Metformin for the insulin resistance & as a side note I also take iron tablets. Thanks.

PCOS and Breast Reduction/lift

+2

I know of no reason you should not have a breast reduction.  If your sugars are well controlled and you are healthy you most likely would be a good candidate for surgery.  It is important to have a consultation to discuss the procedure and the risks in detail.  You should also discuss with your primary care provider to see if they have any concerns or recommendations.  I have performed this procedure on many women with different health concerns- including a woman who had had a heart transplant- and the reduction surgery was quite successful.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and poly cystic ovaries

+1

There should be no reason that surgery could not be performed on ou as long as you are healthy enough which may be determined by our primary care physician. 

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

There is nothing  in your description of your  "medical problems” that would necessarily contraindicate breast reduction surgery. Generally, it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

I would suggest that you do what you are doing with your weight loss program and continue to follow-up with your medical physicians.  When  they/you feel that you are as medically “optimized” as possible,  proceed with breast reduction surgery, assuming you are a good candidate ( as determined by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons).