Do I Have Pollybeak or is It Starting to Form? (photo)

I had my hum removed and a tip reduction and now my tip feels hard and when I slide my finger down my nose it goes up right where the tip starts. Does this mean its pollybeak? I am six months post op.

No Pollybeak After Rhinoplasty

+4

Thank you for your question. The firmness that you feel in your nasal tip is normal after Rhinoplasty.

Your result is excellent. You do not have and are not forming a Pollybeak based on the photos that you sent.

Do I Have Pollybeak or is It Starting to Form?

+2

Add my vote to nice result at 6 months. Allow a few more months of healing before final opinion is in. 

It is normal for the nose (especially the tip) to feel very stiff after rhinoplasty

+2

The stiffness and hardness you describe are normal, and the shape of your nose does not suggest pollybeak formation. You have a beautiful nose, well suited to your face.  Enjoy it!

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak?

+2

From the profile, it looks like you have a nice result.  The tip is often stiff after a rhinoplasty.  Give it time.

You do not have deformity

+2

You have great result post rhinoplasty(before picture are helpful). You may still have some swelling and should get the final result in a year.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Polly beak deformity

+2

From your photos you do not have a polly beak deformity, a dorsal nasal convexity which causes the nasal tip to rotate downward resembling a parrot's beak.  At six months post rhinoplasty, it is not unusual for the tip of your nose to still feel hard.  This hardness will eventually resolve over the next several months as your internal nasal scar matures and softens.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformith following Rhinoplasty

+2

You do have some swelling of the tip and immediately above your tip but you do not have a  pollybeak deformity.The firmness you describe is consistent with residual swelling. If you are patient this fullness will probably resolve as healing progresses.