Pollybeak Deformity? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty almost two years ago. First i liked my results and the tip of my nose is more defined. Its been 7-8 months now that my tip looks fuller and my profile too. i think i have a pollybeak deformity , but i cant guess the cause of it myself. Do i need a revision? thank you.

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak deformity.

+2

Revision rhinoplasty for poly beak deformity.is what you need done by a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. Your tip has fallen into your face and the tip needs increased projection and possible scar or cartilage removal in the supra tip area.  

Loss of tip projection over time results in a polly beak deformity

+1

The last photo you presented demonstrates what I would call a polly beak deformity - which is essentially a degradation in tip support that occurs over time. There are a variety of rhinoplasty techniques that can preempt this from happening, and also some of the same techniques can be done for revision (columellar strut, for example)

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Polly beak?

+1

A better analysis can be done in person, but the polly beak is often due to inadequate removal of the septal cartilage, scar tissue, or poor tip support.  And, it can be a combination of all of these things as well.

Pollybeak deformity after rhinoplasty

+1

You do have excess fullness of the supratip area.  This is mild, but you are correct in your assessment.  If you want a more defined tip with a more classically etched profile you will need a revision.  Make sure your surgeon has had broad experience with revisions and can show you a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Pollybeak of the nose is common and has 4 different causes

+1

Pollybeak deformity of the nose is when the area above the tip is the most prominent part of the nose. In a classically beautiful nose the tip should either be on a straight line with the profile or just above that point. The latter is called a supra-tip break.

Treatment depends on the cause. The causes are: 1. inadequate lowering of the upper part of the nasal septum, 2. loss of tip support and tip drooping 3. inadequate lowering of the upper part of the upper lateral cartilages and 4. formation of scar tissue in the swollen area that commonly accumulates just above the tip of the nose.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

Appears as a "polly beak" but over the internet very hard to tell. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions 

Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

I think you probably have some swelling that I would wait out before considering revision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Pollybeak deformity

+1

You definitely have a polybeak deformity of the nose which refers to the fullness just above the tip when you look at the nose in profile view.  The cause is usually because not enough septal cartilage just above the tip was removed.  Leaving the septum too high leads to the polybeak and it is very easily correctable with a simple operation whereby through one incision inside the nose, some additional cartilage from the dfor sinus removed and this restores your nose to a normal and more attractive profile view.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Polly beak deformity

+1

Thank you for the question.  Its hard to determine if you have a polly beak deformity from the photos that you have provided.  It may be that your dorsum is too low, your supratip too high, and your tip under supported.  Comparing your before and after photos and discussing what you would like to accomplish in terms of ideal nose shape will be most important.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD