Male, 4 months post revision, is this a polly beak deformity and how long should I wait to get it corrected? (photo)

Hi, I had a revision surgery about four months ago. I am concerned that I have a pollybeak and I was wondering if this is a case? Also, would you say that waiting for another 8 months (12 months total since rhino) is enough time to go back in and get it corrected. Many thanks, Mike

Do I Have Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

A "polly beak" deformity is characterised by an enlarged thickening of the supratip area, of the nose, following a Rhinoplasty.  From the photos provided, the supratip does not have that appearance.  Some supratip fullness can always occur after any Rhinoplasty and the chances go up, IMO, with thick skin and in revision Rhjinoplasty. You should see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon if your are concerned.

Is This a Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

You do have some fullnes above the tip which may resolve as healing progresses. One must be patient after revision in a patient with thick skin. As Dr. Sliupchynskyj said, tip rotation may be helpful.

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

It looks like you have an under-rotated, ptotic tip. Meaning your tip cartilages are pointing down. What you may need is rotation of the tip, tip support ( strut graft) and maybe a slight shave of your dorsal septal cartilage.

DrS.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS