Do I Have a Pollybeak Deformity? 1 Year Post-op. (photo)

My nose is still pretty big. Do I have one? And what can I do to give my nose more definition?

Polly Beak Deformity

+2

Hi,

I would say you have a mild soft tissue pollybeak deformity. You may benefit from kenelog injections, however this can only be determined with a  physical examination.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Do I Have a Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

Dear eq,

Thank you for your question. I feel you have a slight amount of fullness right before the tip begins.  This may be treated with a steroid injection at this point, or filler such as juvider above that area, or a revision. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Poly beak Deformity? #nosejob

+1

From the photos you show you do not appear to have a poly beak deformity. This is most commonly due to under resection of the septal angle at surgery. It is hard to say if this is a good result without having a pre operative photo to compare it too. You have much thicker skin compared to some patients, or so it seems in your picture, and that is a set up to not be able to see the underlying results from structural changes as a thin skinned patient may show. Your result could be excellent for you and your skin type. This can only be determined by comparing before photos and seeing you in person for an exam.

Pollybeak?

+1

You have some fullness above your nasal tip.  This could be residual swelling or tissue that was not removed with the original surgery.  See your surgeon for an evaluation to determine which.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak deformity after rhinoplasty

+1

There is a slight fullness above your tip that could be called a minor polly beak deformity.  At a year out the results are probably mature and at this point you may want to consider either a surgical revision or an injection of steroid.  Make sure your surgeon has a lot of experience with this since revision rhinoplasty can be tricky. Be sure to see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and be sure to see pictures of his/her revision rhinoplasty work.

Do I Have a Pollybeak Deformity? 1 Year Post-op.

+1

There is a little more thickness in the supratip area on one side than on the other.  This could possibly be residual swelling.  I would give it a little more time before letting someone try to revise this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Revision Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

You do not have a pollybeak deformity. Your tip is still a little round and lacks a well defined supratip break. That may be further improved by a tip revision but the success of that will depend on your skin's ability to shrink.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

Greetings, I  do not really understand the reason for your question but I can answer  that you   have not  a pollybeak deformity.
I would like to know first of all  what is your concern? ;  in this order,  I think that  for any other opinion about  your nose are required   an personal  interview and a physical examination to know what is really bothering you and the chance that this can be resolved

Pollybeak deformity

+1

You do not look like you have a pollybeak deformity. It does look like your tip is a bit bulbous and possibly could be improve.

Lack of Tip definition with thick skin is not a poly beak.

+1

Lack of Tip definition with thick skin is not a poly beak. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to revise your nose after exam.