6 months post revision, thick-skinned male, not seeing much difference. Is this polly beak or swelling? Will it resolve? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty exactly 6 months ago. I am a male with thicker skin than most. I got a revision rhinoplasty because I wanted a more defined nose and after my surgery my surgeon Todd me that he significantly reduced the supra tip. I however do not see much change, is it because I have developed a pollybeak deformity or do I still have swelling?? If you think it's swelling then will my nose look much different 18 months post OP vs. 6 months?? Or will it be pretty much the same?

Do I Have Pollybeak Deformity?

+1

After revision rhinoplasty operations, the swelling may take at least 18 months to subside.

Pollybeak?

+1

no

the supratip may be full, at least for your taste.  at 6 months you still have some edema to resolve, but a small amount of steroid injection might get you to where you want to be.

overall the profile is nice.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Pollybeak deformity? No

+1

Based on the photos shown, I do not see a pollybeak deformity, but there appears to be a moderate amount of swelling still present.  After a revision Rhinoplasty in a patient with thick skin, the healing process can be expected to be somewhat longer than primary Rhinoplasty.  I wouldn't render final judgment for about 6 more months.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

I dont think you have a pollybeak deformity. You may have some supratip fullness or possibly an over-resected dorsum. I dont think it will change much at this point.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have a "poly-beak deformity".

+1

A poly-beak is typically visualized as an elevation of your lower bridge, just above your tip. The area above your tip appears a bit full since there is an indentation in your mid-bridge on profile view.

Depending on what you're looking to achieve, you may be a candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure to raise the indentation in your mid-bridge for a straight, masculine profile. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon