6 months post revision, thick-skinned male, not seeing much difference. Is this polly beak or swelling? Will it resolve? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty exactly 6 months ago. I am a male with thicker skin than most. I got a revision rhinoplasty because I wanted a more defined nose and after my surgery my surgeon Todd me that he significantly reduced the supra tip. I however do not see much change, is it because I have developed a pollybeak deformity or do I still have swelling?? If you think it's swelling then will my nose look much different 18 months post OP vs. 6 months?? Or will it be pretty much the same?

Do I Have Pollybeak Deformity?

After revision rhinoplasty operations, the swelling may take at least 18 months to subside.

Pollybeak?

no

the supratip may be full, at least for your taste.  at 6 months you still have some edema to resolve, but a small amount of steroid injection might get you to where you want to be.

overall the profile is nice.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Pollybeak deformity? No

Based on the photos shown, I do not see a pollybeak deformity, but there appears to be a moderate amount of swelling still present.  After a revision Rhinoplasty in a patient with thick skin, the healing process can be expected to be somewhat longer than primary Rhinoplasty.  I wouldn't render final judgment for about 6 more months.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak Deformity

Hi,

I dont think you have a pollybeak deformity. You may have some supratip fullness or possibly an over-resected dorsum. I dont think it will change much at this point.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have a "poly-beak deformity".

A poly-beak is typically visualized as an elevation of your lower bridge, just above your tip. The area above your tip appears a bit full since there is an indentation in your mid-bridge on profile view.

Depending on what you're looking to achieve, you may be a candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure to raise the indentation in your mid-bridge for a straight, masculine profile. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon