Do I Have a Pollybeak Deformity or an Inverted V Deformity?

So as I mentioned in my other posts, I had open rhinoplasty on the 25th of June, 2010. I want to show you now how HORRIBLE my nose looks from the front: the tip is huge, and wide, and the sides of my nostrils are "swollen", kind of like an African American's nose, except I'm white, so it isn't very flattering. I am getting increasingly more annoyed and hopeless as the days go by. I want to know what deformity I have. Is it pollybeak? Inverted-v? How am I going to reverse this? Thanks..

Inverted V deformity, etc.

+3

Yes, it appears like you do have an inverted v deformity. It is too soon to say what can be done for it and a possible pollybeak. You need to wait until 9-`12 months post op and then see an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist to repair this.

Polly Beak or Inverted V

+2

It does appear that you have an inverted V deformity. A poly beak cannot be diagnosed without a profile view.  Wait 6-9 months after your surgery to see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to determine if  additional surgery is necessary.  

inverted V. deformity and poly-beak

+1
 It does appear from the photographs  there is an inverted V. deformity present. The inverted V. deformity is best treated with a combination of  osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones and spreader grafts to widen the upper lateral cartilages. A poly-beak deformity can only be diagnosed from side profile view.

Polly beak or inverted V

+1

Polly beak is best diagnosed from a side view and from a frontal view, I would not describe your nose as horrible or severely swollen.

Polly Beak or Inverted V

+1

Hi,

Its difficult or impossible to say if you have a pollybeak deformity without seeing a profile shot of your nose. From the frontal picture it appears that you may have had a poor osteotomy leaving you with a wide bridge and/or an inverted V deformity.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Post Rhinoplsty Concern

+1

Frankly, your nose looks fine, even for being a few weeks post op. Of course, it will only get significantly better. Relax and give it a year. Massage is a good idea.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon