Do I Have a Pollybeak After 3 Rhinoplasties? (Photo)

Hi, I've had 3 rhinoplasties so far, and I'm not sure if I have a pollybeak or not. I can feel a small lump on the bridge, and it seems to curve outwards when I look at it from the left side. The last revision was 3 and a half years ago. The first 2 operations weren't very successfully, apparently because I've got oily and thick skin, but my surgeon said he was happy with the result of the last operation. Would another revision do any good? Could it damage my nose? Thanks.

Pollybeak deformity - Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

The causes of pollybeak post rhinoplasty is the nasal tip may fall closer to your face, your thick skin and the cartilaginous dorsum maybe left a little high.  To camoflauge thick skin you can shave off more of the cartilaginous dorsum, you inject under the skin with high doses of steroid or project the nasal tip.  In your case from the pictures to decrease the pollybeak you may probably need the cartilaginous dorsum removed to accommodate your thicked skin.

Dr. David Ellis

Facial Plastic Surgeon

artoffacialsurgery.com

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Polly Beek deformity

+1

It does appear that you have a polybeak deformity in this photograph.   The treatment of this would require removal of the excess cartilage in the supra tip area of the nasal tip.   This is a relatively simple procedure for a physician who is well-versed in revision rhinoplasty.

Persistent pollybeak after 3 rhinoplasties

+1

Hello Datura, From your photos I do see that you do have some persistent fullness along your bridge in the lower part of your nose. It seems to me to be related to your septal and/or nasal bone height, but it's hard to say for certain just looking at a photo.Fro your right side it looks more as if you have a residual nasal bump rather than a pollybeak.

It is possible to refine this further if you wanted. There are risks with any surgery and it can be a bit more complicated given your prior procedures, but the decision is up to you.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-treatments/hump-on-nose