Do I Have Pollybeak and Can It Be Fixed if I Have Thick Skin?

I had an open rhinoplasty in 2005 and have disliked my tip ever since. After reading about pollybeak online, I believe that's what I have. I knew it was swelling in the beginning, but even years later it still feels like the tip is swollen. What would need to be corrected to give me a better result?

Pollybeak deformity

The quality of the photo presented is not sufficient enough to make a decision on whether or not you have pollybeak.  Clear side profile and ¾ profile photos would need to be visualized with good clarity before making any decisions on whether or not you have a pollybeak deformity.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Polly Beak Deformity following Rhinoplasty

Thank you for submitting your photo. It does apear that your nasal bridge is prominent just above the nasal tip. Yes this is often referred to as a “polly Beak”. Revision rhinoplasty can be performed to reduce the cartilage and soft tissue that has formed. It is important also to ensure that the nasal tip is properly supported so that it maintains its position and does not droop afterward.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

100-1537 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6J 1T5

Although the picture is not clear, it appears you do have a pollybeak deformity. After five years this will not improve. It can be corrected by reducing the convexity and/or augmenting the profile line. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Pollybeak deformity

A polly beak deformity is usually soft tissue and swelling just above the tip. It is difficult to tell from your photograph.  A good exam would be helpful and this certainly can be corrected if it is true.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

First, thanks for being so kind as to post your photo. YES! you have a supratip deformity or "polly" beak. Secondary rhinoplasty revisional surgery can correct. Find the right doctor.

From MIAMI Dr. B

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Pollybeak or Bulbous Tip, Both Can Be Improved with Rhinoplasty

It appears that you have a bulbous tip more than a polly beak from the dimly lit photo.  Best to consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon experienced in revision surgery.  At time a diagnosis can be made, as well as a plan to improve the appearance of your nose.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Pollybeak is a term describing when the area just above the tip of the nose is highest

Polly-beak describes, in an un-flattering way, when there is excess roundness and height to the area just above the tip of the nose and it looks like the term says, a parrot's beak. This is treatable but requires an examination by a revision rhinoplasty expert to determine the cause and create a surgical treatment plan.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

521 Park Ave
New York, NY 10065