Do I have polly beak deformity? (photo)

Hello. I had septorhinoplasty 3 months ago. About a month after the surgery I noticed a slight bump in the bridge/supratip area. Some days it looks okay, on others it's more noticeable. When I apply pressure on that spot it feels like it's a bone that the surgeon failed to even out. I suspect it's a polly beak deformity however, my left profile looks worse (the side with the deviated septum). So maybe it's just swelling? How bad will it get? I don't think I can go through that nightmare again.

Do I Have Poly Beak Deformity?

+1

You are still in the healing phase. It takes weeks to months for swelling to subside. Follow up with your surgeon on a routine basis over the next few months so that he can monitor your healing. Hopefully, you are going in the right direction. Best wishes for a complete recovery!

Do I have polly beak deformity?

+1

3 months is still too early to make any sweeping judgments.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Postoperative Polly Beak Deformity

+1

It is difficult to tell for sure but you may be developing a polly beak deformity. This can be from excess dorsal septum or it can also be the result of the build-up of scar tissue. I would make an appointment with your treating surgeon and let him/her evaluate you and your concern.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon