Are there Polly Beak Deformity Treatment Alternatives? (photos)

Around June/July 2011 I had closed rhinoplasty, amongst other things irrelevant to the tip of my nose, I had a small amount removed from each side of my tip. I believe two or so years later that I now have a polly beak deformity (appearing only on the right hand side where slightly more was removed. I am looking for methods of treatment such as Kenalog injections however am concerned for atrophy. I am incredibly reluctant for revision rhino. as I developed post-op depression from the first time.

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

In the classic sense of the term, you don't have the polly beak deformity. You have a slight supra tip break. However, your nasal tip lacks a little overall definition. If you are unhappy with your supra tip, steroid injections can help, but it has to be placed by someone who does a lot of the surgery as well as it needs to be precisely placed in a deeper layer under the skin in order to avoid problems with skin atrophy.

In any case, you should meet with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can make an assessment in person so that they can go over additional possible treatment options.

Michael M. Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Undefined Nasal Tip

+1
Based on your pictures alone, I believe there is still excess lower lateral cartilage in your nasal tip. It also could be scar or fatty fibrous tissue. In any event, there is soft tissue in the nasal tip that is preventing it from being more defined and refined. Kenalog injections are unpredictable, can work unevenly, and cause a depression.
Consult your surgeon and if necessary seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon