Is This Polly Beak Deformity and How Can I Solve This Problem?

First of all, I have never been to nose surgery or anything since the pics may looks so.I had an injury two months ago, I got hit in the nose with the door, since than my nose looks different. There wasn't any blood ,and I heard a cracking sound and a sharp pain in teeth at the moment of hit, and it seems like it changed in second.

My nose tip looks pushed out and up, the projection is increased. I wonder is there any way to look like before ,and what is it anyway, my ENT doesn't know

No, this is not poly beak deformity. It does look like an operated nose. Slightly over projected meaning the tip is slightly high which may be secondary to trauma and swelling at the junction between nose and upper lip. It usually takes several months for the swelling to go down and usually the nose should return to its original look.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not a Pollybeak deformity

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned with how your nose looks after the trauma it sustained.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier.

In the case of a persistent deformity, you can always consult a plastic/reconstructive surgeon for a possible intervention to help you regain the appearance you desire.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS