can polly beak be corrected if caught early enough? If so, how is it treated and how effective is the treatment?

can polly beak be corrected if caught early enough? If so, how is it treated and how effective is the treatment? I had my surgery 13 days ago & the doctor told me today he believes I am getting polly beak. I had a very large hump removed & my tip had large overgrown cartlidge filled, and narrowed

Correction of the Polly Beak Deformity

+1

There is  no easy solution for this complex deformity which can be prevented in most cases if a rhinoplasty has adequate nasal tip support in the primary operation. The operative correction however, requires one to wait for at least one year post op to see the final result and to allow for normal wound healing. The treatment, in my hands, this is done via an open rhinoplasty procedure so one can do a nasal tip reconstruction and tip projection enhancement using cartilage grafts from the patient to recreate the natural nasal tip.

Polly beak at 13 days

+1

It is way too early to determine if you have a true polly beak or not. There is way too much swelling at this stage to think that it willnot get better.