Am I a candidate for a chin implant? (Photo)

Hi. I'm interested in chin augumentation. I know that my chin its not the worst but I would like to change their shape. I think it's just a little bit too spiked and small . And I would like to ask if my problem can be qualified to the operation ??

Chin Augmentation Choices

+1
While there are only two methods of chin augmentation (implant vs. bony repositioning), the correct answer for you can not be exclusively determined in a side view profile. As a male the equally important question is what type of change do you want in the front view. (more or less square) This additional important chin dimension assessment will guide your chin augmentation method. Since you have called your chin 'spiked and small', that would suggest you want a wide and more square chin as well as more horizontal projection. That would lead one to the implant option.

Chin surgery

+1
If change of shape is needed, sliding genioplasty is probably the best option. The chin can be made into different shapes 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Possible chin implant?

+1
A closer up profile photo of your face as well as pictures from the front would be helpful to give you the best advice.  From the picture you provided, it does not appear that your chin is severely recessed, so I would not recommend a chin implant based on that one photo.  I might have a different opinion after examining you or seeing other pictures.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon