At What Point Should Facial Seromas Be Drained and What Caused Them? (photo)

My jaw and neck were refined with Facetite, and fat removed from lower cheeks. After 8 months, my jawline is tighter but neck red and two seromas at sides of my mouth. My ps says the lumps will reabsorb. They have reduced slightly but are still very visible. The skin of the lumps has a yellow tint and the tip of a nail makes a dent. Is my sugeon correct to wait this long when they are not resolving? What can happen if they are not drained soon?

Pre-Existing Collections??

+2

Seroma formation after a skin tighten radiofrequency procedure are typically very uncommon. An examination would be of assistance but, the areas you are describing/ illustrated appear to be pre-existing collections of fat along the upper jowl/ face from the effects of aging. Consider returning to your practitioner and ask them again to address your concerns. Best,

Gary Culbertson, MD, FACS

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Seromas After 8 Months

+1

An exam would be necessary to determine if the areas were fluid collections or residual tissue or redundant tissue.

Facial Seromas

+1

Because I am unable to examine you in person, this is a very difficult topic to address. There are ways you can go about resolving your problem, and I suggest you get a second opinion of an experienced facial plastic surgeon.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Jowls and facelift

+1

Dear kincat,

• I looked up Facetite and it looks like it is a non surgical skin tightener using radiofrequency waves
  • I do not perform this, and my understanding is that since it is non surgical, it either requires multiple treatments or mild to moderate results
  • These are great for temporary fixes, and you will not get the same results as with surgery
  • Seromas do not occur 8 months out
  • The lumps may be from liposuction (depends on the technique he used) and can be treated with injections or removal

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

FaceTite?

+1

Since I have never heard of FaceTite, it is hard to say what has happened exactly. However, at 8 months this is very unlikely to be a seroma. What the photos appear to show are residual jowls coupled with areas where facial fat appears to be removed, presumably by liposuction. In order to correct these problems, you will need a Facelift

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift

+1

What is Facetite???? These days people come up with branded names to give the impression that they are doing something special. Branded name procedures are marketing tools .

the lumps on the side of the mouth seems to be fat, if they are seomas they should have been absorbed after 8 months. Unless prove by sonogram, they are fat and you will need a proper face lift, may be a short scar face lift, minifacelift, what ever you want to call it.

Have a second opinion by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)

you asked what will happen if seomas are not drained soon. Then they form a capsule around them which is like a scar, but the fluid should absorb.