Do I need a pocket revision my BA scar is too low or will my implant descend to meet incision with more time? (photo)

Hello Doctors, I nursed two kids and was a 32B before surgery. I am 10 weeks post op and not happy with what I see. I had 405HP unders. My right breast is high, nipple is too low and breast is half inch above scar. I have been doing the downward massage for over two months as instructed by my surgeon. Surgeon says I did not need a band. I haven't seen any changes so i am a little worried. Both breasts feel soft but the right feels like there is not enough room to move in. Thank you for you input.

Do I need a pocket revision my BA scar is too low or will my implant descend to meet incision with more time?

+1

You are correct YOU need a pocket release on the right side. Time is now to revision this issue. Good luck.

+1

Dear Saiyuki, I agree with most of the posts below. You likely will need a revision, but it is certainly worthwhile trying a breast strap over the right side to see if you can get enough stretch of the capsule to allow more settling of the implant- it is a possibility if you have been able to manually manipulate the implant lower. Wear the strap over just the right side, day and night and see if you get any movement in the next 6 weeks. If at 6 months they are still uneven, surgery would be the only way to correct that. Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant asymmetry

+1

It is best to see pre-op photos as well to look at asymmetries. In addition. it is still a bit early and the implants may come down a bit more.

Implant high

+1

Thankyou for the photos Saiyuki.

It is doubtful that at this point the implant will drop into place and you will unfortunately need a revision in the near future

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a pocket revision

+1

The asymmetry about which you are concerned is apparent on the photos. Seeing preop pictures would be helpful in offering suggestions at this point.

Although most implants have settled by 3 months, some continue to do so beyond that time, so I would not suggest a hurried decision for a revision. If needed, this revision is pretty straightforward, involving opening the lower pole of the capsule to reposition the implant.

Follow up with your surgeon, and ask for a time line--how long to wait if no improvement.

All the best

Implant pocket revision

+1

Dear Saiyuki,

I suspect that you will need a pocket revision. Of course the best person to guide you along this process is your plastic surgeon. For your own education and peace of mind I would discuss with your plastic surgeon how long you will plan on waiting and when would the revision, if needed, take place. The good news is that revision of the breast pocket to lower the breast implant position is relatively straight forward.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Right implant position is too high

+1

At this point, the right breast implant is still too high. You may see improvement with continued displacement massage. However, if there is no significant change after 3-4 additional months, then you may want to consider surgery to lower the right breast pocket to improve your breast shape and implant position symmetry. Thank you for sharing your photos. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Implant malposition

+1

Your right implant is clearly a bit high compared to the left. It has been 10 weeks already. Usually at this point, the implants are starting to settle and look the way they should. But not everyone heals the same. I think that there is still a chance that the right implant will settle and fall into position. But it might not either. Only time will tell. If the implant on the right is at all lower than it was 6 weeks ago, then I wouldn't lose all hope yet. But there is still a chance that you might need a small revision of the right implant pocket. I would wait at least 6 months before deciding to do so.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon