Pocket Under Implant? (photo)

got implants December 18 th have pockets under implants surgeon said implants drop into the pocket. is this true . if not what should I do.

Pocket Under Implant? (photo)

+1

I would need a great deal more information than is available to me to make a precise recommendation.

However, I believe you will require a second operation to obtain a satisfactory result.

I think you need to have that discussion with your surgeon.

You should also consider getting a second opinion from an experienced aesthetic breast surgeon in your area.

All the best.

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Pocket Under Implant?

+1

No matter what any of us experts state you will need further surgery to correct the issues. In my opinion based only on the posted photos you need an inferior release of the muscular pocket and a lifting. 

Implant position versus breast tissue position

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Ideally, the implant position and breast tissue would coincide.  That is, the breast tissue would be situated directly over the implant like two circles superimposed over one another.  When the implant is situated too high or the breast tissue is located too low the breast does not look good and is sometimes described as a snoopy deformity.  If you did not need a lift before your breast augmentation procedure than it stands to reason that your implant is too high.  If the muscle was properly released than the muscle will relax and the implant will occupy a better position lower down on your chest.  If not, then you may need a revision to properly release the muscle.  Your plastic surgeon is the only person that knows how much of that muscle was released and what will likely happen over the next few weeks and months with healing.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Poor Breast Augmentation

+1

Ma'am I am so sorry about your augmentation.  It appears that the implant was place beneath the muscle without release of the muscle.  This is unlikely to settle as much as you need.  I would recommend a revision by a BC PS sooner rather than later. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implants will drop

+1
Gravity always wins.  Question is are your implants under the muscle or not.  If they are, are the muscle fibres holding the implants up.  If they are, it will require a surgical release to allow the implants to drop. 
I don't think you need a lift, I think your implant is sitting too high.  I think you need to get the implant to settle down.  Aggressive downward massage, or a revision surgery to allow them to fall.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast issues with loose skin

+1

Your implants do look very high, and I can not know whether if placed under th msucle the muscle was released or not. You may very well require a lift if the implants do not descend and fill the lower pole.

You will need to have breast lift

+1

The pictures show that implants are sitting high and breast tissue has fallen off the implant. Your before picture would have been helpful. There is too much skin and will need to have lift to fix the nipple position and the lift the tissue that fallen off the implant. Please see your surgeon for further evaluation. I would recommend to wait at least six weeks before doing the lift and you will need to have full lift rather.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants “Settle” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you can imagine, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice with the limited information provided. However, some general thoughts may be helpful to you. Yes, breast implants may “settle” into pockets that have been dissected for them. It may take several months for the breast implants to do so.

Having said that, it is important that patients undergo the correct operation for their specific situation or diagnosis. In other words, for example, if a patient would benefit from breast lifting surgery, breast augmentation surgery alone will generally not lead to a satisfactory aesthetic outcome.

At this point, I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon. See if he/she recommends displacement/massage exercises and/or the use of a band/bandeau.

Implants Drop into Pockets

+1

It would helpful to see preoperative photos for you.    I suspect that you had a good deal of ptosis or droop prior to surgery.   You probably had loose skin envelope as well particularly at the inferior pole of the breast.  While implants will drop with massage and time, breast implants will not correct greater degrees of droop.

"Dropping implants"

+1

Submuscular implants are sitting as if they are at the bottom of an envelope. The breast fold, like the bottom of the envelope keep the implants from descending. At the upper pole is a large space under the muscle and above the ribs, and that space goes up to the clavicle (collar bone). Typically the implant position looks fine at surgery. As the patient awakens, the relaxed pectoralis muscle contracts, pushing on the implant. This displaces the silicone (or saline) which bulges into the upper pole, the only direction with room to expand. The lower pole of the breast may seem to empty out. But the implant itself doesn't actually move. As the muscle relaxes over several months, the upper pole no longer bulges and the implant position looks like it did in surgery.

Without an exam or at least seeing pre op photos, it is hard to predict how much these implants are likely to drop. 

I am not sure if these are under the muscle or not.  If they are above, I would not expect much change. 

Thanks, best wishes.