I Had PMMA Injections in Tijuana, Why Do I Need to Wait 6 Months Before Second Round of Injections?

i contacted the doctor saying i want to come in for 2nd round and he said to wait full 6 months before doing another session why is that??? it's not like my butt is gonna grow/get bigger in the next 2 months right?? i don't understand why he said recommended to wait 6 months/????

Do not get more PMMA injections to the buttock!

+3

Regardless of the reasoning which I will not go into - using this product in the buttock or any other mobile part of the body  is a bad idea. In many Countries this product is no longer available because of severe and late complications months and years after the injections. There is a reason you can not find this option for treatment in a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologists office in North America.

Dr .Mathew Mosher

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

+2

I have seen over a few hundred PMMA injections patients in Miami. Most wait at least 3 months between injections visits. I believe but do not know if waiting 6 months is necessary. But when using an non FDA approved filler in larger volumes always best to be safe. 

Why wait six months after PMMA injections to get more?

+2

My opinion only:  The reason to wait six months after polymethylmethacrylate injections is to be sure your not one of the patients who will react horribly to this polymer.  Granulomas, lumps, extrusion, and other issues have been associated with PMMA.  You should ask your doctor however, because I'm not certain this is his or her reason for wanting to wait a minimum of six months.  Granulomas and other problems may develop after six months as well.

Steve Laverson, MD