Details on Where to Start for Asymmetrical Eyebrows? (photo)

I have Asymmetrical eyebrows, or at least I have forced myself to believe I do. From the two pictures provided, you can see one eyebrow is lower than the other, and is certainly noticeable in my case, although one eyebrow is bigger, in the second photo where I raise my lower one, they are the same size. I am 19, and seek some help on where I should start having this looked at. I intend on doing documentary's but my confidence if put off by replaying the videos seeing my uneven brows.

Asymmetrical eyebrows

+2

Most folks have some degree of eyebrow and eyelid asymmetry.  Botox would be the first , and most conservative option before embarking on a brow lift

Endoscopic brow lift

+2

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  Putting aside the fact that all faces have some asymmetry, you have several options at correcting the brow position asymmetry.  The ideal procedure is likely and endoscopic brow lift utilizing 1 or 2 small (1inch) incisions in your hairline.  There are other options as discussed in previous posts but then most definitive treatment with the most concealed incision will be the endoscopic brow lift.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Brow Asymmetry

+2

Excellent pictures to demonstrate your concern and expectation of result.  The question is are you comfortable with surgery or do you want something less invasive.  Surgical Endoscopic Browlift focusing on elevation of the left medial brow and removal of the left corrugator muscle is one option to correct your asymmetry.  However, strategic placement of Botox is an easy, safe and relatively inexpensive solution.  I would suggest trying Botox first.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

How can I improve my asymmetrical eyebrows?

+2

Those are great photos! Thank you for posting them. You are correct that your medial brow is lower on your left side. This can be improved with unilateral Botox treatment of the corrugator muscle on the left side. This should raise the inner portion of your eyebrow. The question is whether that will be enough to satisfy you. The other options is surgery with either a partial direct browlift where some skin is removed above your eyebrow but this leaves a scar on your forehead/ brow which can take many months to look acceptable in someone with youthful skin. I'd recommend trying Botox first as there would be no downtime and no need for a surgical procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

+2

Let me first say that brow asymmetry, and facial asymmetry for that matter, is a very common anatomic variation, possibly related to the underlying bony asymmetry [of the eyesocket].  I also can assure you, that you are probably the person that sees this and picks this up more than anyone else.

However, if this is something that is driving you crazy, then there are a couple of ways that this can be tackled:  a surgical approach  vs  a non-surgical approach [Botox].

In either case, the asymmetry can be improved, but we need to have the realistic expectation that perfect symmetry will not and cannot be achieved.

Your case is interesting in that it is mostly the "head" of the eyebrow [the edge closer to the nose] that is depressed, rather than the  ENTIRE eyebrow..

Though we can attempt unilateral brow lifts, this can potentially change your hairline, and can be quite an extensive procedure for a small gain. If you are absolutely set on a surgical procedure, my recommendation would be to focus on the head of the brow [as you yourself have done in the second picture with your finger elevation], and to elevate it using a z-plasty technique. This would raise the head of the brow, but not change the tail. Futhermore its a much smaller incision and can even be done under local anesthesia.

The downside of the procedure is that it will leave an obvious Z shaped scar along the edge of your brow hairs. In otherwords, you would be changing a low eyebrow, for a scar.

Having said that, however, prior to a surgical procedure, I would recommend attempting to lower  your brow on the right side, which can be achieve with something as simple as Botox to the forehead. This would match the right side closer to the lower left brow. The upside is that this is a reversible technique, and if you are not satisfied with the result, you can just wait 3-4 months and would be back to baseline, at which time you can consider a surgical approach.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of eyebrows.

+2

Asymmetry of eyebrows is most easily corrected permanently by a Irregular Trichophytic Forehead lift done on the low side to lift that brow. It can be done under local anesthesia and you should be at work in 4-5 days.

Asymmetrical Eyebrows

+1

Asymmetrical eyebrows can be improved with a limited browlift to elevate the depressed brow, especially centrally.   Perfect symmetry is rarely achieved, but that is not a reasonable goal. Look at your normal asymmetrical eyes - they are different sizes.

Correcting Eyebrow Asymmetry

+1

Sure, you could have surgery.  You could also get Botox.  It may sound ridiculous, but it you were to shave, tweeze, or whatever the superior part of the higher eyebrow medially and the inferior part of the lower eyebrow medially this would improve symmetry.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry in the brows

+1

Dear AlesisJC, It is not uncommon to have asymmetry of the brows and at your age I would simply try botox to treat your asymmetry and in later years you may look into an endoscopic brow lift for further correction. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Asymmetric eyebrows

+1

you are very young and there are always many options:

1. shape your brow,,  threating, plucking, waxing
  2. botox to see how it looks
  3. if botox works , you can freeze or remove the muscle with radiofrequency ablation or surgery throught the eyelid or forehead