Can a plumping graft shorten a long upper lip?

I'm considering a rhinoplasty and I have read that a plumping graft can shorten a long upper lip (the white space between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip). I have also read that plumping grafts are usually used to rotate the nose upwards. My nose has a good angle (around 100 degrees for a female), but I don't mind a slightly more rotated nose. I'm aware of the liplift but I'm afraid of the scar. Is a plumping graft worth it to visibly shorten the upper lip? Thank you.

Pumping graft to shorten upper lip

+1
Pumping graft may make a long nose look shorter but not the lips. On my experience, none of my patients had complained about the scar from lip lift. As long us you give it time and proper care, the scar on the area is usually inconspicuous.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Plumping graft to shorten a long upper lip.

+1
I need to see photographs to give you an accurate answer of whether this would work for you. The technique of taking these photographs is described on my website. Lip lift scars should be quite fine and not noticeable.

Long Upper Lip

+1
Pictures would help me evaluate your nasolabial angle and length of the upper lip. I don't believe that a plumping graft would solve a long upper lip. If your upper lip is too long, you would most likely need an upper lip lift. Most of the scar in within your nostril and hardly visible. 
Another way to get elevation of the nasal tip is to remove the cephalic portion of lower lateral cartilage. This technique would give you tip definition and elevation, without making the nose shorter.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Lip Shortening

+1
Discuss a lip lift with your Plastic Surgeon.  This can be done at the same time as a Rhinoplasty with excellent results.  Ask him to show you some before and after photos.  An incision is made at the base of the nose ( following the natural curves), and very little tissue is excised.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced in these 2 procedures.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD