Should I Plump my Cheeks? (photo)

I feel that I have a quite narrow, masculine face, with hollow cheeks and a square jaw...would plumping my cheeks or getting jaw surgery give me a rounder, more youthful look? What would be the cheapest product to use, for a more long-lasting effect?

Cheek Augmentation

+1

Looking at the photos you posted your cheeks(upper bony portion) appear to look great. However, more views would have been helpful. Sometimes filling in just below the cheek bone with fat or a dermal filler can create a rounder looking face in someone desiring that look. Also creating more fullness over the back of the mandible can create a wider fuller looking face in the right individual. An in person evaluation is needed to really answer your question more thoroughly since the pictures, although helpful are not giving me the complete 'picture'. Best of luck  Dr Harrell

Cheek recountouring

+1

It does not seem that you need plumping of your cheeks. It appears that youy have a long face due to elongated midface ( cheek bones and upper jaw). In my opinion you do not need jaw surgery nor do you need plumping of your cheeks with fillers or implant. Some refining nosre surgery would bring your face to more harmony and perhaps shorter and different hair cut would be worth to try.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Should I Plump my Cheeks?

+1

To aesthetically evaluate your cheeks, a front face picture without smiling is key, IMHO.  From these side shots, there is fullness on the right more than the left cheek however, I'd like to see them at the same time on a front view.  The lips, as you asked previously, could be fuller which has the power to soften the entire lower face, IMO. The nasal tip is a bit wide (and distracting) and could be thinned and refined to further soften the lower face.  Soft tissue fillers like Perlane can be used to create a more aesthtically full cheek IMO.