You Can't Pluck Before IPL, but Can You Pluck Straight After?Will It Undermine Treatment?

I am considering IPL on my face. Will plucking the hairs immediately after the treatment undermine the effect? I knowing IPL can initially encourage growth and after being unable to pluck for a few weeks I would want to remove the hair asap. Obviously I don't want to shave my face!

Hairs should not be plucked before IPL hair removal, but can be plucked immediately after if desired.

+1

Hairs should not be plucked before IPL hair removal, but can be plucked immediately after if desired. For the IPL to work and destroy the hair permanently, the root of the hair with its high pigment concentration must be present in order to react with the light and create a reaction that in turn destroys the hair. Once the reaction takes place, the hair may be plucked, even immediately after the treatment was done. This will not impair treatment efficacy at all.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

If you are having IPL for hair removal don't pluck.

+1

If you are having IPL for hair removal don't pluck or the hair removal will be less effective.  If you are having IPL for photorejuvenation, then it doesn't matter if you pluck before the treatment or not.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon