Is it possible to reduce 12 m of alar base from the both side of my nostrils? (photo)

since my nose is big and wide, and by reducing alar base does it gonna change my nose significantly and bring out great shape that goes better with the features of my face, Or should I refine my nostrils and tips of my nostrils as well in order to balance out with features of my face as I dont mind having a round great nose if its goes well with the features of my face. Pls advise me with best result as I will be going for rhinoplasty soon. Thank u

Is it possible to reduce 12 m of alar base from the both side of my nostrils?

+1
The alar base, tip, and bridge can all be refined to produce a dramatic reduction in overall nasal size.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Reshaping of the Wide and Thick Nose

+1

There is little question about the benefits of alar reduction (nostril narrowing) in your nose, although 12mm per side is beyond what could or should be done as that would be disproportionate to the rest of your nose. It would be helpful to see other views of your nose to determine how best to change the shape of the rest of your nose, including the tip, and how that would look with the amount of nostril narrowing needed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Ala reduction

+1
Thank you for the photo and clearly you would benefit from reducing the width of your nose which should include not only the ala but the domes and the nasal bones in order to maintain harmony and produce a better result. Go on consults with board certified PS's in your area until you find one you are comfortable with and understands what you are looking for and then have the procedure. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon